Why Choose Pre-Dental at Eastern?
- Academic Excellence, Faith-Inspired Compassion: Pre-dental and other students preparing for a career in the health professions are challenged to strive for academic excellence in their chosen major, while cultivating a love for rigorous scientific thinking and a desire to be instruments of God’s healing hands. Many of our students participate in this healing process through medical mission trips to countries.
- Small, Unique Classes: Eastern’s small class sizes facilitate learning, and unique course offerings such as Structural Basis of Human Disease enable students to holistically prepare for their future dental careers.
- Ideal Location: Near to Philadelphia, Eastern’s ideal location close to three dental schools, a vet school, seven major medical schools, a variety of physician assistant programs, and numerous hospitals and research laboratories provide plentiful opportunities for internships and volunteer experiences.
- Research Groups: Pre-dental students can join a research group on campus in the biology or chemistry departments.
- Dedicated Advisor: Pre-dental advisor Dr. Maria Fichera offers students step-by-step guidance and support for the following pursuits: pre-medical, dental, podiatric medicine, pre-vet, and pre-physician assistant studies.