The Pre-Podiatric Track prepares students for careers in the field of podiatric medicine. Doctors of Podiatric Medicine (DPMs) focus on preventing, diagnosing, and treating conditions associated with the foot and ankle. Their innovative work significantly enhances patient health and overall well-being.
Why Choose Eastern?
- Academic Excellence, Faith-Inspired Compassion: Pre-podiatric and other students preparing for a career in the health professions are challenged to strive for academic excellence in their chosen major, while cultivating a love for rigorous scientific thinking and a desire to be instruments of God’s healing hands. Many of our students participate in this healing process through medical mission trips.
- Small Classes, Unique Courses: Eastern’s small class sizes facilitate learning, and unique course offerings such as Developmental Biology and Structural Basis of Human Disease enable students to holistically prepare for their future medical careers.
- Proximity to Philadelphia: Eastern’s ideal location in the Philadelphia suburbs is close to three dental schools, a vet school, seven major medical schools, a variety of physician assistant programs, and numerous hospitals and research laboratories provide plentiful opportunities for internships and volunteer experiences.
- Research Groups On Campus: Pre-med students can join a research group on campus in the biology or chemistry departments.
- Amazing Advisors: Dr. Maria Fichera offers students step-by-step guidance and support for the following pursuits: pre-medical, dental, podiatric medicine, pre-pharmacy, and pre-physician assistant studies. Dr. Meg Laakso advises students interested in pre-veterinary medicine.