Faith, Mission & Values
Eastern University is a Christian university dedicated to the preparation of undergraduate, theological and graduate students for thoughtful and productive lives of Christian faith, leadership and service. The mission is confirmed and celebrated when graduates believe their way into knowledgeable action that influences the world in substantive ways.
Eastern University is dedicated to ideas, inquiry, and the development of people of faith who will enhance the quality of society and the church. Toward that end, Eastern will continue to expand its formative role in the world as a university in which knowledge and wisdom are imbued, Christlike engagement is inspired, and stewardship is modeled.
- Read our Faith Statement
- Learn how Faith & Practice are integrated into the Eastern University undergraduate experience
The core values that guide the University are:
1. A commitment to academic quality
2. The integration of faith, reason, and justice in teaching and learning
3. The continuing development of a multi-ethnic living, learning, and worshipping community
4. A belief that economic, educational, physical and spiritual development are critical to a God-ordered life