Eastern’s scheduling system, Astra Schedule, is a web-based tool available to the EU community for requesting rooms or searching the Calendar for specific academic sections or non-academic events. It is integrated with the university registrar system and provides for all campus scheduling needs, including access to the three Eagle Learning Center (ELC) Conference rooms. Astra has individual portal access on the home page; log in with your EU user name and password.
This instruction sheet covers two topics: the steps to submit an event request using one of several specific online forms, as well as how to search for specific classes or events on Astra Schedule.
To access Astra and research available space or search for existing reservation by date
- open web browser
- go to www.aaiscloud.com/EasternU
- login with user name and your password
- click on the Calendars tab top left
- click on Scheduling Grids
- adjust the date, top center
- adjust the number of results per page bottom left
- move up and down the list of spaces using the scroll bar along the right edge
- slide left and right on the grid using the scroll bar along the bottom edge
- rooms listed in left column with corresponding classes, events, and availability listed horizontally on the right
With this, you’ll know what is likely to be vacant at the time you prefer. You can then submit a request.
To submit a request
- Follow steps 1-3 above (under to access Astra and research available space or search for existing reservation by date)
- Click Events tab top left
- Click Request an Event from the drop down menu
- Select the appropriate request form from the drop-down menu
- St Davids Campus is for most spaces
- ELC Conf Rms for 200, 209, 309 only
- Dean’s Conf Rm is for Mcin202 only
- Fill out the form, making sure to enter info in the spaces corresponding with * on left
- Under Meeting Generator, click Add Meeting
- Enter time and date info under Meeting Recurrence bottom left
- Enter Start Time and End Time, paying attention to AM or PM
- Select your requested date. Click Multiple button for requesting more than one date, if all dates meet at the same times.
- Click Add Meeting button lower right
- Review requested meeting details
- To add more meetings, repeat steps 5-8
- Click Select/Assign Rooms
- Similar to Calendar research, select requested space
- Rooms can be ordered alphabetically by clicking on top of Room column
- Click on the corresponding block under meeting info column and along Room row.
- Click OK bottom right.
- Add any Comments or Questions in Other field
- Click Submit
- You’ll know your request was properly submitted when you see the Thank You message.
And of course, you may contact our office for further assistance. We’ll be happy to assist.
About the Request Form
- Within the specific Event Request Form are several sections – please be thorough and complete because each section includes key information, denoted by asterisk. In the Meeting Generator field, please be sure to include a Meeting Name and a Meeting Type. Paying strict attention to AM and PM, provide the Event Times. Multiple meeting dates can be added by clicking on multiple dates on the Calendar.
- The Description and Comments fields are useful for including any unusual or specific notes for the Scheduler.
- Be sure to click the green Create button under Meeting Recurrance.
- Click Recurring Tab if this request is for a regularly recurring meeting (weekly, monthly, every day for a set period, etc.) After you make this choice the meeting data will come up on the right column with multiple option buttons in green shown above (save and update request, request rooms, request resources, clear meetings)
- Review requested meetings on right. Inaccurate requests can be removed by clicking the box next to that line, then clicking the Delete button above.
- You must choose the Request Rooms option prior to requesting resources. Resources are requested once you have a room, and are associated with that room.
- You can research specific meeting space and then choose from available spaces by clicking the box next to that meeting line, then clicking Request Room button above.
- On the room request page you will need to expand the column on the left to fully view each room number. Click on available to choose an open room.
- Once you are finished with this step, click on the green Request Resources button. You will be shown a page with available equipment. Once you have chosen your resources, you can submit your request.
- Email notifications are sent to the customer contact for each segment of the Astra process. Although this may appear redundant, be sure to check for any scheduler comments or notes on your notification emails.