Since its earliest beginnings, Eastern has been a church-related institution whose identity remains strongly tied to its Christian heritage. Eastern University is a vibrant Christian university dedicated to the preparation of undergraduate, theological, and graduate students for thoughtful and productive lives of Christian faith, leadership and service. As a Christian university, Eastern endeavors to nurture its relationships with congregations and other church-related agencies.
Eastern is with the American Baptist Churches, USA. We seek support of the American Baptist Churches in our institutional support region, as well as the support from many other denominational and non-denominational friends. Gifts to Eastern University demonstrate your belief in the power of a Christ-centered, global out-reaching education, that makes Eastern University number one in ways that extend far beyond national ratings.
Eastern Supports Church Communities By:
Providing excellent teachers, speakers, or musical ensembles for church activities.
- Office of Faith and Practice
- Arranging campus visits for individuals, or groups, from churches.
- Offering a Church Matching Grant Program.
- Providing expert advice on planned giving to our institution.
- Hosting your church meetings or retreats on our campus.
- Staying in touch: we would love to visit your congregation to share the latest news from Eastern University.
Churches Support Eastern University By:
- Sending the names and addresses of high school students to the Admissions Office. Referral form.
- Bringing students to Eastern for a campus tour. Such visits help students make informed decisions about where they will attend college.
- Affirming the value of a Christian liberal arts education at Eastern University. An Admissions Counselor and/or the Coordinator of Church Relations are available to meet with your church leaders and youth.
- Sharing the spotlight: We would love to be featured at one of your worship services. We have inserts and materials to help you create a moment for your congregants to focus their hearts and minds on Eastern University.
- Continuing, increasing, or beginning to support Eastern University in their annual mission giving by giving to the Eastern Fund. The Eastern Fund provides the University with the additional annual resources to meet the most important financial need of the University - financial aid and scholarships for our students.
Ways to Give to Eastern University
- Make your gift online by visiting our Giving Page.
- Mail a check to: Eastern University, Office of Development, 1300 Eagle Road, St. Davids, PA 19087
- Make a gift of appreciated stock and receive substantial tax advantages.
- Your congregants may be able to double, or even, triple their gifts - see which companies offer Matching Gift programs.