The Mission of the Suzanne Walton Health Service is to enhance the educational and developmental process for students by modifying or removing health-related barriers to learning; promoting an optimal level of wellness; enabling students to make informed decisions about health-related concerns; and empowering students to become self-directed and prudent consumers of health care services. In so doing, the staff seeks to maximize opportunities for students to achieve their wellness potential integrating body, mind, and spirit to grow into all that God intends.
Appointments at the Health Center
Appointments are required to visit the Health Center. To schedule an appointment call 610-341-5955. Please be advised a phone screening will be conducted by the Health Center Nurse. If you arrive without an appointment, a Nurse will see you to determine the severity of your illness or injury.
*Masks are required in the Health Center*
How to Schedule Your Appointment Via Telehealth
- Download Zoom to your personal device.
- Call the Health Center at 610-341-5955 to schedule your appointment.
- Await email confirmation for EU Telehealth. The email will contain your consent form, appointment link and password. Please note consent forms must be completed prior to appointment.
- At your scheduled appointment time, open your email confirmation containing your Zoom link and password. Enter the appointment by clicking “join meeting”. You will need to use both audio and video functions.
Health Center Hours
Monday: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM (closed 1/2 hour for lunch)
Tuesday: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM (closed 1/2 hour for lunch)
Wednesday : 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (closed 1/2 hour for lunch)
Thursday: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM (closed 1/2 hour for lunch)
Friday: 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Dr. Ian Becker, DO.
Emergency & After Hours Care
In cases of illness or injury requiring Emergency Care after-hours the student should:
- Call Public Safety at 610-341-1737
- Call 911
- Notify their Resident Director (if possible)
In case of serious emergency, students are sent to area hospitals. Students are responsible for all hospital fees, medical bills and transportation to an outside facility. A member of the Health Center staff will follow-up on the next business day. Learn more: View after-hours resources.
Program and Activity-Specific Health Requirements
The student health center health requirements pertain to the general student population. Students are responsible to have the pre-entrance student health records completed, signed by their physician, and submitted to the student health center. These forms may be accessed through the health portal link.
Please note that other Eastern University departments, programs, or activities may have different student health related requirements in addition to those required by the student health center.