- Online Application
- Official transcript from bachelor's and master's degrees
- Current Resume
- One professional and one academic recommendation
- Please note: If you have been out of school for more than 4 years, you may submit two professional recommendations
Note: Students applying to the CAGS in Professional Counseling program must also submit the following:
- Practicum and Internship Logs
- Proposal, written by the prospective student, outlining which of the student's master's degree courses meet each educational requirement and including those they have not yet completed. (See educational requirements here.)
- Course descriptions for all courses listed in proposal above, and syllabi for any proposed whose descriptions do not clearly demonstrate educational criteria are met.
Please mail or email to:
1300 Eagle Rd.
St. Davids, PA 19087
Please note, official transcripts must be in a signed, sealed envelope or sent through a secure electronic server directly from the University
Note: Qualified candidates must have completed a graduate degree in counseling or a related field and must be working towards an outside credential (i.e. state Licensed Professional Counselor, Board Certified Behavior Analysis, etc.). The student must complete an on-site admissions interview, where a course evaluation will take place and a personalized Program of Study is drafted (if applicable), and a timed writing task.
Note: Minimum GPA Requirement for admissions to the CAGS Programs is a 3.0
Minimum of 12 credits needed to complete a CAGS
Fewer post-master's credits can be completed, but no CAGS will be earned
- Minimum one year program of study
- Upon completion, the CAGS will be designated on the student's transcript and the student will receive a Letter of Completion
- Students within the Gradute Counseling and Psychology department's degree programs, who are taking credits towards their master's degree, are not eligible to earn a CAGS
- Transfer credit is not allowed
- To receive a CAGS, a student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all CAGS coursework
- Students must complete coursework within 5 years after initial enrollment
Eastern University offers several class starts in St. Davids, PA: Fall, Spring, Summer I and Summer II.