Why Choose Pre-Vet at Eastern?
- Excellent Preparation for Vet School: Graduates have attended vet school at University of Georgia or a Masters of Laboratory Animal Science program at Drexel University. Students are currently enrolled at the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine and Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Academic Excellence, Faith-Inspired Compassion: Pre-vet and other students preparing for a career in the health professions are challenged to strive for academic excellence in their chosen major, while cultivating a love for rigorous scientific thinking and a desire to be instruments of God’s healing hands. Many of our students participate in this healing process through medical mission trips.
- Small Classes, Unique Courses: Eastern’s small class sizes facilitate learning, and unique course offerings such as Developmental Biology and Structural Basis of Human Disease enable students to holistically prepare for their future medical careers.
- Proximity to Philadelphia: Near to Philadelphia, Eastern’s ideal location close to three dental schools, a vet school, seven major medical schools, a variety of physician assistant programs, and numerous hospitals and research laboratories provide plentiful opportunities for internships and volunteer experiences.
- Beneficial Programs: Students of the Pre-Vet track at Eastern have attended beneficial programs such as Adventures in Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University.
- On-campus Research Groups: Pre-vet students can join a research group on campus in the biology or chemistry departments.
- Amazing Advisors: Dr. Meg Laakso advises offers step-by-step guidance and support for pre-veterinary studies.
Planning a Veterinary Career