Why Choose Pre-Vet at Eastern?
- Excellent Preparation for Vet School: Graduates have attended vet school at University of Georgia or a Masters of Laboratory Animal Science program at Drexel University. Students are currently enrolled at the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine and Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Academic Excellence, Faith-Inspired Compassion: Pre-vet and other students preparing for a career in the health professions are challenged to strive for academic excellence in their chosen major, while cultivating a love for rigorous scientific thinking and a desire to be instruments of God’s healing hands. Many of our students participate in this healing process through medical mission trips to countries like Bolivia, Guatemala, and Costa Rica.
- Small Classes, Unique Courses: Eastern’s small class sizes facilitate learning, and unique course offerings such as Medical Botany, Developmental Biology, and Structural Basis of Human Disease enable students to holistically prepare for their future medical careers.
- Proximity to Philadelphia: Near to Philadelphia, Eastern’s ideal location close to three dental schools, a vet school, seven major medical schools, a variety of physician assistant programs, and numerous hospitals and research laboratories provide plentiful opportunities for internships and volunteer experiences.
- Beneficial Programs: Students of the Pre-Vet track at Eastern have attended beneficial programs such as Adventures in Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University.
- On-campus Research Groups: Pre-vet students can join a research group on campus in the biology or chemistry departments.
- Amazing Advisors: Dr. Meg Laakso advises offers step-by-step guidance and support for pre-veterinary studies.
Planning a Veterinary Career