Address & Phone
Construction Location: Eagle Road & King of Prussia Road Intersection
Duration: Work on this project will be held from 7 am till 3 pm during weekdays, likely beginning the week of August 15, 2022. The township hopes to have the project wrapped up around the end of December, 2022.
Reason: The goal is to create a safer and more efficient intersection. This project will involve telephone pole removal, tree upkeep and removal, and road re-pavement.
Impact: Both roads will remain open, but funneling down to one lane each, with flaggers controlling traffic.
What This Means For You:
- Throughout the duration of this project, expect delays when attempting to use the main campus entrance from Eagle Road via KOP Road.
- Consider an alternate route through the neighborhood to avoid this delay:
- Approach from the West using Chamounix Road and Paul Road (from the Saint Davids Train Station) to Eagle Road
- Take Radnor Street Road from King of Prussia Road (the back roads around the Valley Forge Military Academy and College)
- Take Eagle Road from Wayne
While disruptions to our day-to-day routines are always challenging, we are hopeful that the delays this project creates will ultimately yield a safer and more efficient intersection for our EU community and commutes.
Campus Photo Gallery
Beautiful Suburban Location
Affectionately known as the Main Campus, our St. Davids location has been repeatedly recognized for its picturesque beauty. Walton Hall, Willow Lake and the Waterwheel are classic icons of Eastern's beloved campus.
There are many ways to get to the St. Davids campus via public transportation. By walking to the St. Davids train station (Paoli/Thorndale Line), you are a 25 minute train-ride to or from downtown Philadelphia, which USA Today called one of America's top 10 best college communities. For safety and convenience, there is a shuttle service to and from campus to the Radnor stations.
- Bus: SEPTA stops are located on Lancaster Avenue and Chamounix Road, a 15 minute walk from the campus.
- Rail service: The Paoli/Thorndale line's St. Davids stop is a 10 minute walk on sidewalks through a residential area to the campus pathway located at the end of the sidewalk. Two rail stops are located in Radnor, the Paoli/Thorndale line and the Norristown line.
- Train from Philadelphia: From 30th Street Station take the Paoli/Thorndale Regional Rail Train Line west towards Paoli (Paoli local). Get off at the St. Davids station and walk down to the right. Continue straight on Chamounix Road to small entrance to the walking path for Eastern University. Follow path to the center of campus.
Eastern provides shuttle service (to and from campus) from the Radnor stations only, since there are no sidewalks to campus from those stations. The Transportation Shuttle provides transportation to the Radnor High Speed line (R100), Paoli/Thorndale (R5) and locations throughout campus, once an hour. This transportation schedule operates from 6:00 am to 8:55 pm. During other hours, transports are "Upon Request", meaning one needs only to call 610-341-1737 and request a transport.
360° Images of Campus
Use the arrows to browse various images. Click and drag your mouse around the image to view in 360°!