If you have graduated, have stopped attending classes at a "half-time" enrollment status, or are not currently enrolled, your enrollment status is reported to your lender(s) and you enter into your grace period. Your lenders will contact you regarding repayment on your student loans.
Not sure what to do next? Then you've come to the right place!!
1. Complete an Exit Counseling online at StudentAid.gov.
2. Visit the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at StudentAid.gov to see a complete list of the Federal Loans you’ve borrowed at any point during your education. You’ll be able to see the following information:
- Type of Loan
- Loan Amount
- Loan Date
- Disbursed Amount
- Outstanding Principal Balance
- Outstanding Interest
- Loan Status
- Contact Information for Current Servicer, Lender, and Guaranty Agency
3. Utilize a Student Loan and Financial Planning Checklist to help you determine what your monthly income is versus your monthly expenses.