The application process for the College Success Program (CSP) can take a few months to complete. You are encouraged to apply early to Eastern University and to the CSP as spaces in the CSP are limited. Please note that the CSP Coordinator makes the final decision about acceptance into the CSP.
Important information about the CSP application process
- Prospective CSP students should be enrolled as full-time students (minimum 12 credits) in a traditional undergraduate baccalaureate program at Eastern University's St. Davids campus. (Part-time students may be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- You may simultaneously apply to the university and to the CSP. However, the CSP Coordinator cannot act on your application to the CSP until your acceptance into an Eastern University traditional undergraduate baccalaureate program is confirmed.
- The application deadline for the CSP is March 1 of the year you plan to enroll. If space in the program remains available after the deadline, late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Completing the CSP application by your own hand is preferable. If handwriting causes a significant challenge, you may either type your responses or have someone complete the application for you.
- After all of your CSP application materials have been received and reviewed, the CSP Coordinator will contact you to schedule an in-person interview. (A virtual interview may be scheduled when circumstances warrant it.)
- Applicants who submitted their completed application prior to the March 1 deadline and have completed their in-person interview by April 29 will be notified of the CSP Coordinator's decision by April 30.
Note: Application to the CSP does not constitute a request for accommodations based on disability. Students wanting to make a formal request for disability accommodations should consult the document “Accommodations for Disabilities: Information for Students” for policies and procedures.
Required CSP Application Documentation
- The CSP application: Download the CSP Application for Admission
- A comprehensive psychological, neuropsychological, psychiatric, or psychoeducational evaluation (or evaluations) documenting DSM diagnosis, cognitive functioning (including IQ and achievement indicators), and biopsychosocial information (preferably dated within three years of the CSP application)
- Most recent Individual Education Plan (IEP) and/or 504 Plan (if applicable)
- For more information about applying to the CSP, contact Sharon Thompson, CSP Coordinator, at (484) 654-2378 or firstname.lastname@example.org