General Questions

How do I obtain a transcript?

To obtain an Eastern transcript, you may submit a request to the Office of the Registrar by email, fax, or mail. A downloadable request form is available on our Forms page. Requests should include: your name and former name, personal address and phone number, student ID, dates of attendance, and your actual signature. Also include a full mailing address for your recipient(s). Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.

Request a transcript delivered by email ($5.00 fee per transcript).

If you have questions regarding your transcript request, contact the Registrar's Office: (610) 225-5011.

How do I obtain enrollment verification for insurance or scholarship purposes?

To obtain an Eastern Enrollment Verification letter you may submit your signed request to the Office of the Registrar by email, fax, or mail. A downloadable request form is available on our Forms page. Requests should include: student’s full name, personal address and phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Include the full recipient address or fax number along with all other pertinent information, such as policy numbers. Please allow up to 3-5 business days for processing.

If you have questions regarding your enrollment verification request, contact the Office Manager at 610-341-1379.

How do I change my address?

In order to change your address, you must submit a signed request for address change to the Office of the Registrar, by email, fax, or mail. A downloadable request form is available on our Forms page. To ensure the security of your records, you are required to supply us with your student ID or last four digits of your social security number and dated signature and to indicate which address you are changing. Your permanent or billing address is the address where the University sends bills and other similar official letters. During the semester, the University sends student related information to your campus post office box, or to your local off-campus address.

How do I change my name on my official records?

A downloadable Change of Address, Phone or Name form is available on our Forms page. The form must be submitted along with 1) a government-issued photo ID in your new name, AND 2) one of the following: Social Security card in your new name, second form of government-issued photo ID in your new name, or your original legal name change document (eg. marriage certificate, divorce decree, court petition). 

You may present your form and original documents in person to an Eastern staff member, or email your form and notarized copies of your documents to the Registrar’s office at registrar@eastern.eduElectronic submissions that are not notarized will not be accepted.

How can I find what classes are available each semester?

To determine which courses are being offered in a particular term you may use the Registration and Course Offerings link at the top of this page. To check on whether there are seats available in a specific class, please log in to your myEastern account, click on the Course Offerings tab, set the correct term, and search only by subject. Do not attempt searching by a specific course code or title.

What do I do when a class is full, but I want to take it?

Please contact the Office of the Registrar at for details on the current procedure.

Where can I find my class schedule? And how do I use MyEastern?

Where can I find my class schedule? 

You can look up your schedule on your My.Eastern.

Self-Service >Academic Plan- Registration >Student Planning > Plan your Degree & Register for Classes 

How do I use MyEastern
You can look up your schedule on myEastern at

To use MyEastern, go to

Please enter your user name and password (the same for your Eastern e-mail account/case sensitive).

The Student Accounts Tab
Allows the student to view any documents needed by the Student Accounts department.

The Financial Aid Tab
Allows the student to view documents needed by the Financial Aid department.

The Course Offerings Tab
Search for Sections: Allows the student to search for classes by course title, course code, faculty last name, course description, and term.

The Academic Plan - Registration Tab
Student Planning: Allows the student to see their faculty advisor and intended major(s). View the progress they have made, plan and schedule future classes, view grades and search Eastern’s course catalog. You can also access academic placement test scores and unofficial transcripts.
Student Planning Guide

Graduation Application: 
Notifies the Registrar’s Office that you plan to complete your degree requirements in a specific term. This form will provide us with mailing instructions and the name you wish to have printed on your diploma. Students should submit this at least 3 months before graduation.

Enrollment Verification:
Enrollment Verification is an official document provided by Eastern University that proves your enrollment status.

The Academic Profile Tab
Grades: This allows the student to display and print their grades for a selected Term.
My Class Schedule: This allows the student to view their current and prior schedules by semester/term.
My EU Profile: Allow students to view their personal information such as Name, Address, Emergency Contact, Campus information, Advisor and Major.
My Accommodations: Allows students to view their approved accommodations.

Graduation Application: Notifies the Registrar’s Office that you plan to complete your degree requirements in a specific term. This form will provide us with     mailing instructions and the name you wish to have printed on your diploma. Students should submit this at least 3 months before graduation.

A graduate school has requested my GPA for the courses within my major. How do I calculate this?

Students may calculate their major GPA by listing each course taken, its credits and letter grade. Multiply the credit hours and the letter grade point value (see catalog, under "Principal Grades") for each course. Add the credits. Add the point values. Divide the total credits into the total point values.

What courses do I need in order to graduate? 

For new students, obtain the catalog of your first year of attendance and read the Graduation Requirements section. New students should also contact their advisor to discuss their individual degree audit available via MyEastern.

For returning students, visit myEastern to review your degree audit. It provides general education and major requirements.

For other graduation questions, contact Lori Bristol 610 225-5010.

How do I declare my intention to graduate?

Students pursuing a degree must complete the online Graduation Application in the year they expect to graduate. This form will provide us with mailing instructions and the name you wish to have printed on your diploma. Students should submit this at least 3 months before graduation.

To access the form, log in to myEastern with your student username and password, and look for Academic Profile under the Self-Service menu. Graduation Application will be one of the choices underneath Academic Profile.

Eligibility for graduation will be confirmed by the Registrar’s Office via your student email. If not already included in program tuition, eligible students will be billed for the non-refundable graduation fee, payable even if not participating in commencement.

If you have questions, difficulty accessing the online form, or would like to change your intended graduation date, please email Lori Bristol at

Who is eligible to participate in Spring Commencement?

You are eligible to participate in Spring Commencement if you will complete all degree requirements by May 31 of that year. If you are currently taking a course elsewhere, you must submit proof of registration to the Registrar's Office before that date. If you plan to take additional coursework in the first summer session, you must petition to participate in commencement -- permission is not automatic. Forms are available in the Registrar's Office.

When will I receive information about the graduation ceremony?

Students should visit to view information about upcoming graduation ceremonies.

I lost my diploma. How can I get a replacement?

Send a written request stating the reason that you need a replacement diploma to Brian Minster ( in the Registrar’s Office. Please include your student ID or last four digits of your social security number, contact information, signature and date.  There is a replacement fee of $50.00 that must accompany the request. The amount is payable by check or money order only, and should be made out to Eastern University.

What are credits?

One college credit is based on 15 class hours of 60 minutes each. Each course has designated credits. At Eastern, most courses are three credits. “Credit hours” and “semester hours” are other names for college credit.

What are the General Education Requirements?

General education shapes students who are proficient in essential, college-level skills and who are skilled about the world, the humanities, the natural sciences and the social sciences.  The general education curriculum is described in the Eastern catalog and is required of each undergraduate student.

How do I declare a major?

Students should obtain a Major Declaration form from the Registrar’s Office and have it signed by the appropriate Department Chair. A downloadable form is also available on our Forms page. The Chair will hold a brief interview before signing the document. For assistance with major/minor declaration, please contact Annie Webb at or 610-225-5011.

How do I find out what special requirements are needed for me to declare a major?

Students who wish to enter the teacher certification track must show evidence of: 1. Completion of 48 undergraduate credits including two math courses and two English courses, including one in literature and one in writing. 2. A passing score on The Praxis Tests. These should be taken in the second year of college. 3. Meeting the minimum required GPA (see current Ed. Handbook for specific requirements).

Social Work
Students interested in majoring in social work must apply for admission to the department during the spring semester of their sophomore year. Upon application, students will be required to evaluate themselves and will also be evaluated by the social work faculty. Students are encouraged to seek employment or volunteer opportunities in social service agencies before applying to the department.

Do my parents have access to my academic information?

At the post-secondary level, pursuant to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974( FERPA) and university policy, parents have no inherent rights to inspect your academic records. Parents, or guardians, who request information from your student records must complete an access form and mail, fax, or bring in copies of the first two pages of the income tax record. In order to streamline this process, the Office of the Registrar has a Student Permission form that will allow you to grant access to your academic records. This can include but is not limited to discussions with campus personnel regarding course work in progress, grades, financial aid information, tuition and fee status, and copies of and conversations about other information from your academic record. The completed form will be on file in the Office of the Registrar, unless you revoke this permission.

Eastern University will verify the following directory information to inquirers: name, campus e-mail address, dates of attendance, registration status, class, previous educational institutions attended, major field of study, awards, honors, and degree(s) conferred.

How do I create an individualized major?

A student with fewer than 60 earned credits may propose an individualized major leading to the Bachelor of Arts. The individualized major must be developed with and sponsored by a full-time Eastern faculty member, who will then serve as the student’s faculty advisor. The major must focus on a central theme not expressed in existing majors; draw from several disciplines; range in credits from 33 to 60; include at least one-third of the credits in 300 and 400-level courses; include at least one-half of the credits from Eastern's course catalog; and include a culminating project, thesis or seminar.

The proposed curriculum and justification for the individualized major should be submitted in electronic form (e-mail) by the faculty sponsor to the Registrar (worksheet/format available for download on the Office of the Registrar website or pick-up in the office). The Registrar will review the proposal, add comments and forward to the division chair for action.

How are graduation requirements determined?

* General Education Requirements are determined by the year the student enters EU

* Major Requirements are determined by the year the student declares his/her major
These requirements will be reflected on the student’s online degree audit. This form should serve as the primary guide for course selection.

How do I “CLEP” out of a course?

College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Course Equivalencies

CLEP testing is explained in the college catalog. Students should go online to and look at the CLEP subject tests that the Educational Testing Service has devised. Each CLEP test is designed to test knowledge on a basic college course. A successful score is 50. Score reports must be sent to Eastern University (code 2220) for college credit to be awarded. Credit for the CLEP test is posted on the student's Eastern transcript and the course is considered fulfilled.

When will I be able to get my grades online?

Instructors are expected to file grades within two (2) weeks of the completion of the course. You may access your grades through myEastern.

How to drop my course(s)


You may drop your course(s) by logging into your MyEastern. Our Guide to Dropping, Withdrawing, and Troubleshooting will will walk you through the drop process. 

Registration Questions

What is all that writing at the top of my degree audit and do I need it for registration?

At the top of the printable degree audit, each student's ID number, name and major are listed. The next line identifies the student's advisor. Students must contact advisor before registration to identify and approve courses for next semester. Advisor's signature on registration form is required. A comment section is next. This may contain a statement that an advising major is attached (Major for advising only. Must be formally declared), that a minor has been declared, and that courses at another college have been approved (App Crsw Elsw: BCCC: PSY100--S104).

When am I eligible for ON LINE Registration?

Your scheduled ON LINE Registration beginning time is based upon the number of credits that you have previously EARNED (does not include current semester). Check your Registration Guide for when you can register based on your credits earned.

How do I know how many credits I have?

You can visit myEastern and view your academic record to obtain the most up to date credit status.

Can I drop a class and add another after the first week of classes?

The course add period ends one week after the beginning of classes. We do this to ensure student success within a course. There is a lower rate of success for students that add a class after the first week. Drop requests can be made through the second week of the semester, by completing an Add/Drop Form, available in the Registrar’s Office and on our Forms page. While you cannot normally drop a class after the second week, you can withdraw from a course with no academic penalty up until a certain date (check academic calendar). Requests for a withdrawal should be submitted via our request form, available in the Registrar’s Office and on our Forms page.

When is the last day to withdraw from a class without academic penalty?

Students may withdraw without academic penalty from a class until the 10th week of the fall/spring semester (2/3 through the semester). In order to withdraw from a course you may pick-up a form at the Registrar's Office or on the website ( and then have your advisor sign it. Please note that if you withdraw from a class it may affect your Satisfactory Academic Progress for financial aid. So, before dropping the class, stop by the Office of Financial Aid to make sure that there is no impact on aid for the next year (not current year). Please see the University Catalog for more details and refund information.

How do I withdraw completely from Eastern?

To withdraw completely from Eastern University, students must submit the Exit Interview Form online. Once a student submits the form, the Registrar's Office will review the information entered and remove the student from courses and/or the University at the requested time.

Before submitting the form, students should speak with the Student Accounts Office, and if applicable, the Financial Aid Office, to understand how the exit will affect their billing and aid. Immediately after submitting the form, resident students should contact their Resident Director (RD) or the Housing Coordinator to discuss their exit from housing.

How do I register to do a Directed Study or Individualized Instruction?

Contact the faculty member with whom you hope to do the Directed study or Individualized Instruction. The Directed Study/Individualized Instruction form is available on the Registrar's webpage and requires signatures of the instructor, department chair/program director and dean. You may not register for these courses on line.

How do I go about auditing a class?

A properly qualified student may attend a class as an auditor with the permission of the instructor and the Registrar. An auditor is primarily an observer and may not take examinations in the course. No credit is granted for auditing a course. Full-time students may audit the course without charge. Once a course has been officially audited, however, it may not be retaken for credit and a grade.  See the University Catalog for more details.

What are the Pass/Fail and Pass/No credit options? How do I sign up for them?

1. Pass/Fail. (faculty directed). Some courses are given only on Pass-Fail basis and are graded P/F by faculty action. An earned grade of P will give the student credit for the course but will not calculate in the student’s GPA. However, an earned F affects the student’s GPA average like any other F.

2. Pass/No Credit Option. (student directed). Students are allowed to use the pass/no credit option under the following conditions:

  1. No more than four courses can be evaluated using this option. These courses must be true electives. Therefore, they cannot be used to meet general education requirements, major, or area of concentration requirements.
  2. This option may be elected in only one course in a given semester.
  3. Although a P or a NC will be recorded on the student’s record, neither will affect their average GPA.
  4. Hours graded P will be counted as hours earned toward graduation. Hours graded NC will not count as hours earned, nor will they count as hours attempted.
  5. This option may be added or dropped ONLY during the first week of the semester.
Do I need to take a language?

The Language Competency is described in the college catalog in the General Education section.  Any student earning a BA or BSW must fulfill the Language requirement of our liberal arts college.

How do I take a class at Rosemont or Cabrini?

Students may cross register for affiliate college courses through the Eastern University Registrar’s Office by submitting an Affiliate College Registration Form (available for pick-up or on our Forms page). Students should check the Registrar websites of the affiliate colleges to determine what courses are available. For further assistance, contact Lori Bristol (

How do I register for a Field Experience/Internship?

All undergraduate departments may offer Field Experience 395 and Internship 495, but you must have approval to register. Field experience is offered for 1-3 credits and is graded Pass/Fail. Internship is offered for 2 to 12 credits and may include a journal or summary paper, or other academic requirements.

I have been asked to be a teaching assistant. How do I register for it?

If you are invited to serve as a teaching assistant or research assistant, you must submit the teaching assistant/research assistant form with the signature of the instructor and department chair.  Contact the registrar’s office for more information.

Study Abroad Questions

Who do I talk to about studying abroad?

You are in luck! Eastern has an Off-Campus Programs Coordinator who will be glad to speak with you about your plans. Contact Lori Bristol in the Registrar’s Office, 610-225-5010,

What programs are available for Eastern students who want to study abroad?

Eastern University is currently affiliated with many programs in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world, and more are added each year. There is a list of approved programs on the Registrar's webpage of the Eastern website. For more detailed information, as well as updates on new programs that may have been recently added, contact Lori Bristol in the Registrar’s Office,

What do I have to do to make sure my financial aid transfers to my chosen study abroad program?

You will have to fill out several forms, including a study abroad clearance and Consortium Agreement. All forms are available from Lori Bristol in the Registrar’s Office.

How do I make sure my credits transfer from my study abroad program?

Talk to Lori Bristol in the Registrar’s Office. You may have to fill out and submit a “Permission to Take Coursework Elsewhere” form.