Process of Internship in the English Department
To find the right internship for you, you’ll need to explore a number of different kinds of career opportunities: look around your community, think about the world outside it and click around on the internet. When the time comes, you’ll “test out” at least one of these opportunities--before major life decisions are involved. In that exploration, be sure to reflect on your life goals. We’ll help you integrate them with internship options.Reflect on your faith and what it will mean for you to do God’s Work. We’re committed to helping you integrate your faith life with your academic pursuits, and the internship adds a practical application for that process. You gain from your internship:
"Experience, experience, experience. My parents and professors emphasized this to give my future the necessary boost. In my internship at The National Constitution Center in the Marketing Department, I felt privileged to be a part of a team committed to completing a project which would benefit society as a whole."
- Gather valuable, real-life working experiences prior to graduation.
- Learn to direct your reading and writing proficiency toward practical workplace needs.
- Build a network, cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with working professionals in a variety of roles and placements.
- Gain essential on-the-job training; for some careers, the internship is like an apprenticeship.
- Learn the best practices and productivity tricks of your industry from successful role models
- Walk away with a concrete project or product to talk about in your job application letters and in interviews.
The Center for Career Development is another resource to learn more about internship opportunities at Eastern.
A Small Sampling of Internships of English Majors
- Judson Press
- JPG Photography
- The Painted Bride Art Center
- Main Line Today
- Taylor and Francis Publishing
- 950 ESPN Philadelphia
- News-Line Publishing
- and many more