Eastern University’s College of Education is one of the leading private university Education programs in the state of Pennsylvania. Students are prepared for positions of responsibility and leadership in teaching, research, consulting, school counseling and psychology, curriculum development, and administration.
Diverse Programs. Small Classes. Dedicated Faculty.
- WIDE ARRAY OF PROGRAMS: The College offers associate, bachelor's, master's, doctoral and certification programs; many with online options. Students can attain certifications in Early Childhood, all nine Middle Level options that are offered by the state, six Secondary Ed content areas, Special Education, Health and Physical Education, Music, Reading, ESL, as well as Supervisor, Principal, and Superintendent’s Certifications.
- EXPERT, CARING PROFESSORS: Our faculty bring the highest level of successful experience in the field, creating a rich learning environment for students. Our staff includes numerous winners of teacher- and administrator-of-the-year awards from various districts.
PERSONALIZED ATTENTION: Eastern’s College of Education prides itself on presenting a personalized Program of Studies for each student so that the pathway to graduation and/or certification is completely clear.
- PRACTICAL AND EFFECTIVE PROGRAMS: Our practical and effective courses of study reflect the best practices in the field, as well as informed personal experience from expert professors.
- SUCCESSFUL PARTNERSHIPS: The College of Education is part of many successful K-12 partnerships, including the School District of Philadelphia and the top rated charter school in Philadelphia.
- FAITH INTEGRATION: Our programs are delivered from a Christian perspective by professors who are grounded not only in their educational expertise but in their sincere faith as well.
College of Education Mission Statement
Eastern University's Undergraduate and Graduate Programs in Education affirm the mission statement of Eastern University with its commitment to fostering academic excellence and professional training through innovative instruction, evidence-based practices, rigorous curriculum and comprehensive subject area knowledge. We seek to develop individuals with a clear understanding of the University’s mission of faith, reason, and justice so that they are capable of:
- improving the learning of all students;
- pursuing educational equity and justice through creative solutions;
- demonstrating sensitivity to multicultural and global issues;
- modeling Christian thought and action;
- serving public and private institutions of learning as change agents.
Eastern University meets the needs of its students to assume positions in this society through undergraduate and graduate programs.