Admissions Requirements for MS in Data Science and MBA/MS in Data Science Dual Degree
- Official transcript(s) from the degree-conferring undergraduate (and graduate if applicable) institution you attended, preferably but not necessarily accredited by an accreditor endorsed by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If the applicant submits a "Request for Official College Transcript" form, Eastern University will request the transcript(s) on your behalf.
- Applicants with unaccredited Bachelor's Degrees can be considered for admission on a case by case basis.
- Transcripted studies should reflect adequate preparation for study in the relevant graduate program.
- Current resume
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred with particular importance placed on the last two years of the undergraduate record. Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will be considered on a case by case basis. Those below 3.0 must submit a GPA letter that explains why the GPA was lower, evidence of likely GPA improvement. A graduate GPA over 3.0 can also satisfy the minimum GPA requirement.
- International applicants from non-English-speaking countries must provide a minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based test), 550 (written test), or 213 (computer-based test) taken within 2 years of the desired term of entry. The institutional code for Eastern University is 2220. For more information visit www.toefl.org.
- Eastern University reserves the right to require the evaluation of an international transcript by a NACES member. Applicants would be responsible for the submission and any related fees. For more information, visit https://www.naces.org.
- Please see the Prospective International Students' First Stop website for information on additional admissions requirements.
- Note: Where student preparation for the graduate program is in question, Eastern University reserves the right to admit students on a provisional basis or to deny admissions to the program.