This interdisciplinary degree brings together students who are serious about counseling skill development and theological inquiry. Designed for students who are interested in the application of clinical and pastoral counseling skills to the challenges of 21st Century life, this pioneering program offers a stimulating three year course of study aimed to provide rich dialogue within a unique learning community. Related Program: PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Location/Delivery: Online with residencies at Main Campus: St. Davids (Greater Philadelphia Area) and City Ave, Philadelphia
- Length: 48 credits, typically completed in 3-5 years (additional credits required until the completion of doctoral project; additional credits also required if interested in pursuing state license)
- Enrolling New Students: May
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates.
- Financial Aid: Discover the military benefits and federal financial aid options that may be available to you.
Primarily Online, Philadelphia Area Christian MFT Doctorate
- Integration of Psychology & Christianity: Students of the DA in Marriage and Family Therapy Studies program assess individuals, couples, families, and congregations from an integrated point of view, incorporating theological issues with Marriage and Family systems theory and pertinent psychological perspectives in pastoral or clinical settings.
- Enrichment programs: Students create and deliver integrated psychological and spiritual enrichment programs.
- Broad audience: Students demonstrate advanced counseling skills appropriate to meet the needs of individuals, couples, families, and congregations seeking mental health services and programs.
- Self-reflection: Students practice in-depth self-reflection to enhance their ongoing personal and professional development.
The DA in Marriage and Family Therapy Studies degree equips church leaders and mental health practitioners through studies in marriage and family systems theory, theological issues, and psychology to create positive change in families, individuals and church communities.
Eastern's DA in Marriage and Family Therapy was ranked among the: