This interdisciplinary degree brings together students who are serious about counseling skill development and theological inquiry. Designed for students who are interested in the application of clinical and pastoral counseling skills to the challenges of 21st Century life, this pioneering program offers a stimulating three year course of study aimed to provide rich dialogue within a unique learning community. Related Program: PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Location/Delivery: Online with residencies at Main Campus: St. Davids (Greater Philadelphia Area) and City Ave, Philadelphia
- Length: 48 credits, typically completed in 3-5 years (additional credits required until the completion of doctoral project; additional credits also required if interested in pursuing state license)
- Enrolling New Students: May
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates.
- Financial Aid: Discover the military benefits and federal financial aid options that may be available to you.
Primarily Online, Philadelphia Area Christian MFT Doctorate
- Integration of Psychology & Christianity: Students of the DA in Marriage and Family Therapy Studies program assess individuals, couples, families, and congregations from an integrated point of view, incorporating theological issues with Marriage and Family systems theory and pertinent psychological perspectives in pastoral or clinical settings.
- Enrichment programs: Students create and deliver integrated psychological and spiritual enrichment programs.
- Broad audience: Students demonstrate advanced counseling skills appropriate to meet the needs of individuals, couples, families, and congregations seeking mental health services and programs.
- Self-reflection: Students practice in-depth self-reflection to enhance their ongoing personal and professional development.
The DA in Marriage and Family Therapy Studies degree equips church leaders and mental health practitioners through studies in marriage and family systems theory, theological issues, and psychology to create positive change in families, individuals and church communities.
Eastern's DA in Marriage and Family Therapy was ranked among the:
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local requirements may exist for field placements or practica in this state. Out-of-state student placements/practica cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Health and Sciences. Students are responsible for following all state and local requirements and regulations for their field placement/practica coursework.