The Concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis Certification as part of the MA in Clinical Counseling, trains master's-level graduates who are competent in the use of behavioral and scientific-based assessment, intervention/prevention strategies, and effective consultation for the promotion of learning socially appropriate behaviors in both school and community settings.
- Location: Fully Online or Main Campus: St. Davids
- Delivery: Fully Online or Blended (A combination of evening, synchronous, and asynchronous online classes)
- Length: 3 years full-time or 4 years part-time
- Start Term: January and August
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a bachelor's or associate degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal financial aid options that may be available to you.
Prepares students for licensure as professional counselors in Pennsylvania
- Curriculum meets the educational requirements for Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) in Pennsylvania
- Verified Course Sequence meets educational requirements for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination®
- Meets the educational requirements for Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), PA Licensed Professional Counselor, and PA Licensed Behavior Specialist (LBS)
- The first Christian institution with a BACB verified curriculum on the East Coast
- Training focused on school and community settings
- Faculty have specific behavior analysis credentials and experience within the field
- Students can choose between a fully online program or an on-campus program with a blended format (combination of evening and online classes)
The MA in Clinical Counseling (Concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis Certification) is accredited by the Master’s in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC) for the period of August 2014 through August 2024.
- Inclusion on a professional level: MPCAC values the unique history of the counseling field which intersects with the disciplines of counseling psychology and psychology. Along with most experienced clinicians serving clients, MPCAC recognizes the benefit to the public in continuing to overlap these two areas of the field. Students with backgrounds in psychology are welcome to apply and build upon their existing knowledge in preparation for becoming professional counselors.
- Inclusion on a personal level: MPCAC is deeply committed to promoting culturally responsive services that promote the public good. Their strong emphasis on diversity and social justice aligns with Eastern’s foundational commitments to justice, reconciliation, and transformation.
Verified Course Sequence
The Association for Behavior Analysis International has verified the following courses [see Curriculum tab on right] toward the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst® or Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst® examination. Applicants will need to meet additional requirements before they can be deemed eligible to take the examination.