Why Major in Music Education?
The Bachelor of Science in Music Education provides students the opportunity to study music and the art of teaching with award-winning faculty scholars. Upon successful completion of all required courses, students with receive Music Education certification (K-12) and the opportunity to teach music in Pennsylvania (PA) public school.
Why Major in Music Education at Eastern?
- Study, explore, and perform music in a Christian context while developing skills for local and global ministry.
- Earning a music degree at Eastern University provides students the unique opportunity to study with faculty who are dedicated to teaching, exploring and performing music.
- Music students at Eastern develop the skills and understanding necessary to thrive in all aspects of the music world.
- Due to Eastern’s proximity to Philadelphia, students will have opportunities to participate in internships, apprenticeships, and professional off-campus touring and networking with local arts organizations.
- Eastern is home to numerous ensembles open to all students, including: Eastern Winds, Turning Point, St. Davids Orchestra Society, Jazz Band, University Choir, Angels of Harmony and many others!
- At Eastern University, our music department motto is “Music for Life!”
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.