Why Major in Music Education?
The Bachelor of Science in Music Education provides students the opportunity to study music and the art of teaching with award-winning faculty scholars. Upon successful completion of all required courses, students with receive Music Education certification (K-12) and the opportunity to teach music in Pennsylvania (PA) public schools.
Why Major in Music Education at Eastern?
- Study, explore, and perform music in a Christian context while developing skills for local and global ministry.
- Earning a music degree at Eastern University provides students the unique opportunity to study with faculty who are dedicated to teaching, exploring and performing music.
- Music students at Eastern develop the skills and understanding necessary to thrive in all aspects of the music world.
- Due to Eastern’s proximity to Philadelphia, students will have opportunities to participate in internships, apprenticeships, and professional off-campus touring and networking with local arts organizations.
- Eastern is home to numerous ensembles open to all students, including: Eastern Winds, Turning Point, St. Davids Orchestra Society, Jazz Band, University Choir, Angels of Harmony (Eastern’s Gospel Choir) and many others!
- At Eastern University, our music department motto is “Music for Life!”