The mission of CCAS counseling services is to help students function well in the role of student at Eastern University, helping them to take advantage of the opportunities for academic, personal, and spiritual growth during their college experience. Services are offered at the Cushing Center office on the St. Davids campus and through Uwill teletherapy. Currently enrolled students in degree or certificate programs are eligible for services. Counseling at St. Davids is tailored to meet the needs of traditional undergraduate students. Services through Uwill are available to all students and include 24/7/365 crisis support as well as counseling.
How to Request Services
The CCAS counseling staff adhere to professional, legal, and ethical guidelines set by the American Psychological Association, the American Counseling Association, and Pennsylvania state law. Information is not disclosed without the student’s permission except in cases of serious risk of harm to the client or others, child abuse, or a court order.
Crisis and Emergency Procedures
Students with urgent needs will be seen on a walk-in basis during regular office hours (Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00 pm) whenever possible. CCAS staff are not on call after hours and on semester breaks and holidays. After hours, students may use the following resources:
- Delaware County Crisis Connections Team: 1-855-889-7827
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline (or 1-800-273-8255 )
- Crisis Text Line (national): Text HOME to 741741
- Bryn Mawr Hospital, 130 S Bryn Mawr Ave, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
- Paoli Hospital, 255 W Lancaster Ave, Paoli, PA 19301
- Uwill Crisis Line: 833-646-1526 (students located outside of the US, Canada and the Caribbean, call +1-984-268-2016)