We support students in the pursuit of their academic goals and personal development through our clinical health services. We promote a healthy lifestyle and disease prevention through medical care, counseling and education.
- Evaluation and treatment of illness or injury
- First aid supplies
- Wellness screenings and physical examinations
- Immunizations (required, unrequired and travel), flu shots, and allergy injections
- Over-the-counter and commonly used prescription medications
- Select laboratory services (other tests sent to Lab Corp)
- Health counseling and education
- Referrals to local dentists and specialists
Students are financially responsible for the reasonable fees for immunizations, flu shots and medications. These can be paid with cash, check or applied to the student’s account. Fees are covered 100% for students who have the school insurance.
Students who receive allergy shots may continue to receive them here in the SHC. The student needs to provide their allergy serum, along with the dosing schedule and instructions from their physician’s office. There is a $10 per visit cost which can be paid with cash, check or applied to the student’s account.
Self Care Center
An area in the SHC has been set up with a selection of over-the-counter medications and items needed for students with minor illnesses/injuries (e.g., mild headaches, scratchy throats, minor scrapes, bug bites, etc.) This area is intended for occasional, as needed use. Students should consult the nurses/physician for any condition more serious or chronic in nature.