All transcripts of academic work completed must:

  • Be official documents (see explanation below), be in English, or be accompanied by a certified translation/evaluation.
  • Include for university-level study a course-by-course list with number of credits and marks received.

Note: A course-by-course evaluation from a reputable credential evaluation agency, such as World Education Services (WES), may be required of applicants to graduate programs who studied in non-U.S. institutions. A course-by-course evaluation in this case can substitute for an official transcript. A list of certified credential evaluation agencies can be found at
When completing the print or online application, please list all institutions attended. Transcripts of all diplomas and/or degrees earned at the time of application must be submitted as part of the application process.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is an Official transcript?

An official transcript is one that is sent directly from the attended university to Eastern University in the original sealed university envelope and on the official paper of the university. If the university does not issue official transcripts but only gives the student a diploma and mark sheet at the time of graduation, Eastern must receive a certified copy of the documents.

What is a Certified copy?

A certified copy is a document that has been verified by a prothonotary of the court (the equivalent of a Notary Public in the U.S.). The prothonotary of the court will verify that they have seen the original document by taking a copy of it and then certify that it is a true copy of the original.
For internationals already in the U.S. who may have difficulty getting transcripts due to political situations in their countries, but have an original copy in their possession, university officials will review the documents, make photocopies and initial that they are originals. For internal purposes, this is considered a certified copy.

Who needs an Official transcript versus a Certified copy?

All applicants who attended universities in the U.S. must provide an official transcript. Certified copies will not be accepted for American universities. If the applicant attended a university outside the U.S. and can't get official transcripts, he or she might be asked to send the certified copies to a reputable credential evaluation service for a course-by-course evaluation.