All international applicants for whom English is not the first language and for whom the language of instruction was not English must provide proof of competence in the English language. Applicants can meet English proficiency requirements by presenting an acceptable TOEFL or IELTS exam score.
- International applicants from non English-speaking countries must provide a minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based test) taken within 2 years of the desired term of entry. The institutional code for Eastern University is 2220.
- International applicants to Graduate Programs in Leadership and Development have the option to provide scores from IELTS instead of from TOEFL. The minimum IELTS score is 6.5.
- IELTS scores must be submitted to EU directly from IELTS. IELTS does not use institutional codes.
- Graduate-level international applicants seeking graduate/teaching assistantships must also provide proof of spoken English language competence and may be asked to achieve TOEFL scores above the minimum.
- Applicants are encouraged to take any required tests as early as possible to avoid delays in the processing of their applications.