Admission Requirements for Traditional BSN Program:
Admission to the nursing major is a 3-step process
1. Acceptance to Eastern University.
Submit your free application to the University and receive an admissions decision.
The application to Eastern requires official transcripts. Testing scores (SAT/ACT) will be optional for all applicants for Fall 2022. While it is not required for general admission to the university, the School of Nursing reserves the right to request an essay and two completed recommendation forms.
2. Acceptance into the Pre-Nursing Cohort
Requirements for First Time in College Applicants (Current High School Seniors)
Once accepted to the University, students who meet the minimum requirements listed below will receive an immediate offer of admission to the nursing cohort. The Nursing Admissions Committee will review all prospective students who do not meet the minimum requirements.
- SAT ≥1060 (combined) or ACT ≥21 (composite). Note: For students applying for Fall 2022, nursing admissions are test optional.
- Cumulative Unweighted High School GPA ≥3.0
- “B-” or higher in Chemistry, Biology, and Algebra II
Requirements for Transfer Applicants
Once accepted to the University, the Nursing Admissions Committee will evaluate the applications of transfer students who meet the minimum requirements listed below.
- Cumulative College GPA ≥3.0
- At least two (2) science prerequisite courses: Human Anatomy & Physiology I, Human Anatomy & Physiology II, Microbiology, Chemistry
- At least one (1) mathematics prerequisite course: College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus I, and/or Statistics
- A grade of “C” or higher in all prerequisite courses taken.
- If a transfer applicant has retaken a prerequisite course, they may still be considered for review by the Nursing Admissions Committee, if they meet the following criteria:
- Have repeated only one (1) prerequisite course
- Received a grade of “B” or higher in the repeated prerequisite course
3. Acceptance into the Nursing Major
Admission into the nursing program is guaranteed to all pre-nursing students who satisfy the requirements listed below.
- Complete the required general education requirements and prerequisite courses listed on the plan of study in the first two years of study
- Overall GPA ≥3.0
- A cumulative science prerequisite GPA ≥2.75
- A “B-” or higher in College Algebra or the equivalent
- Complete the nursing major admissions packet
Application and Notification Timeline for Traditional BSN Program
In order to provide a timely decision regarding your admissions to the Traditional BSN Program, Admissions and the School of Nursing at Eastern University will review applications monthly and you will be notified of a decision monthly.
For review before May 1st, submit your application on or before April 13th. Supplemental materials for review by the Nursing Admissions Committee – essay and completed recommendation forms – are due April 20th.
Current First Year Student Profile
- Average High School GPA= 3.71
- Average SAT= 1130