Process of Externship for the School of Nursing
As part of the Nursing major, students are strongly encouraged to participate in summer Externships. Under the guidance of the School of Nursing faculty and staff, information is provided about internships although it is ultimately the student’s responsibility to set one up. Summer externships/internships are usually paid positions with each employer having different criteria for hire.
All clinical partners are requiring COVID-19 vaccination for student participation in clinical rotations. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required nursing students prior to beginning clinical rotations.
A Sampling of Externships for Nursing Majors
Nursing students at Eastern University have served as externs, or are currently serving, at the following hospitals, practices, and organizations:
- Coatesville VA Medical Center
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Independence Blue Cross Nursing Internship Program (includes National Nursing Centers Consortium, The Health Annex Community Clinic, and The Clinic in Phoenixville, PA)
- Main Line Health System (Lankenau Hospital and Bryn Mawr Hospital)
- Hershey Medical Center
- St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Lancaster General Hospital
- South Jersey Health System
- Hunterdon Medical Center