Next Class Start Date
Now admitting students for a January 2020 class start.
What is the next step?
If eligible, you will be invited to a prospective student interview. Admission is based on academic preparation, interview, and achievement of the program prerequisites. For more information, call us at 1-800-732-7669 or send us an email at email@example.com.
What do you need in order to apply to the program?
- A baccalaureate degree, in any major, from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in previous degree
- In order to be admitted into the program, the candidate must have earned a prior baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better and a combined GPA of 2.75 in Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Chemistry and Microbiology. All pre-requisite courses must have been completed within the past seven years.
- Applicants may only retake one science one time to attain the required science GPA
- Applicants must have taken Chemistry at the college level. Chemistry may NOT be waived based on high school transcript.
- Completion of the prerequisites
- U.S. citizenship or proof of resident status (copy of green card that does not expire during program)
Applications will be accepted however, all prerequisites must be met, and all official documents received before the application can be considered. The admission decision will be based on the strength of the applicant’s cumulative undergraduate grade point average, transcripts, letters of recommendation and the interview. Completed applications will be reviewed until the next cohort is full.
How Do You Apply?
- Complete the Online Application for Admission available below.
- Send your official transcripts from all postsecondary colleges, universities, graduate, and professional schools that you have attended for credit. Complete the Request for Official College Transcript and Eastern University will request your transcript(s) on your behalf.
- Submission of a personal essay (300-500 words) describing how the Second Degree Nursing Program will help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Submit two professional nominations (recommendation letters).
- Submit a resume listing academic and work experience.
What are the prerequisites?
Anatomy & Physiology I & II 8
Credits 20 credits
*General Studies Courses offered at Eastern University
What can I do if I am missing some of the prerequisite courses?
You may satisfy your prerequisites by taking the courses at Eastern University or any other accredited college or university.
What is the next step?
If eligible, you will be invited to a prospective student interview. Admission is based on academic preparation, interview, and achievement of the program prerequisites.