Eastern University has developed a program to help students who have non-nursing bachelor’s degrees prepare for a nursing career in as little as two years of full-time study. The BSN (Pre-Licensure) is a second degree nursing program that prepares the student for a career as a baccalaureate-prepared nursing professional. Equipped with a previous degree and the prerequisites, the student enters the program as a junior BSN student.
Eastern University’s BSN (Pre-Licensure) - Second Degree Nursing Program was named an Adult Undergrad Top Degree!
- Length: 2 Years
- Format: On-Campus
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids
- Start Term: January (Cohort)
- Cost and Financial Aid: View our competitive tuition. Many of our adult undergraduate students qualify for significant federal and state financial aid, partner grants, and military benefits. Submit your FAFSA to determine your eligibility.
Accredited Philadelphia BSN with Outstanding Employment Rate
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Recent NCLEX Pass Rates are between 93% to 100% over the last several years (one of the highest in PA).
- OUTSTANDING EMPLOYMENT RATE: 95% of Eastern graduates are employed within their first year of graduation. (Based on 2016 data)
- ACCREDITED & NATIONALLY-ENDORSED: Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The program is 1 of only 13 programs endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC).
- EXPERT PROFESSORS, SMALL CLASSES: Eastern’s curriculum is taught by experienced professionals who are current in the nursing field’s latest developments. Students receive individual attention through small class sizes with an 8:1 clinical ratio.
- THEORY MEETS CLINICAL: Theory courses are merged with comprehensive clinical experiences in a variety of settings, from outpatient to inpatient to the critical care unit.
- SUPPORTIVE COHORT: Each cohort of students stays together throughout the program, providing a continuous support-group environment.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART LABORATORY AND RESOURCES: Our Nursing Resource Clinical Laboratory provides students with a simulated health care setting where they learn and practice fundamental nursing skills as well as the advanced nursing skills that they will encounter in clinical practice. A full-time Skills Laboratory Manager assists in the learning of nursing skills. Students also have access to on-campus computer labs as well as Eastern’s comprehensive library.
- PAID EXTERNSHIPS: An optional externship during students’ second summer provides the opportunity to work in a healthcare setting, practice skills, and network. The majority of these externships are paid and often lead to professional employment.
- TRANSFER CREDITS: Students receive credits from previous baccalaureate degree program to help fulfill a variety of requirements for the BSN program allowing the student to complete the program in two years of full-time study.
NURSING ACCREDITATION: The baccalaureate nursing programs at Eastern University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW Suite 750, Washington, D.C. 20001, (202) 887-6791.
Fast Fact: Nurses in Demand
By the year 2020, the U.S. healthcare industry expects to see a shortage of 800,000 registered nurses, just as the aging baby-boomer population increases its demand on medical services.