Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Educator
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Nurse Educator program prepares graduates as nurse educators and transformers of health and nursing education within a variety of settings including higher education, healthcare organizations and throughout the global nursing community. Using a holistic Christian world-view, the nurse educator program provides registered nurses with the qualifications to teach the next generation of nurses through the application of research, innovative teaching technologies, and individualized practicum experiences. In addition, a direct care component is included to increase the quality of patient and family education and health outcomes. The 37 credit, fully online program is based upon Eastern University’s mission, as well as, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing (2011), the National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Educator Core Competencies for Nurse Educators (2019), and the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC) Core Essentials for the Practice of Advanced Holistic Nursing (2012). Graduates are equipped to take the National League for Nursing Nurse Educator (CNE) examination and may choose to take the Advanced Holistic Nurse Board certification exam (AHNCC).
- Location/Delivery: Online
- Length: 2.5 years while maintaining employment (6 semesters - 37 credits); 2 seven-week courses per semester
- Enrolling New Students: January start dates
- Concentration Track: Nurse Educator
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a bachelor's or associate degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal financial aid options that may be available to you.
100 % Online MSN Nurse Educator Program
- Convenient Online Format: Fully online, part time program offered in 7-week sessions using a cohort model allows busy students to maintain employment while continuing their education.
- Transformational Christian Values: Prepares nurses to transform nursing education, practice, and research through a Christian world-view.
- Creating Community: The cohort model engages students in a meaningful learning experience as part of an online community of learners.
- Curriculum Based Upon the:
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials for Master’s Education in Nursing (2011)
- National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Educator Core Competencies for Nurse Educations (2019)
- American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC) Core Essentials for the Practice of Advanced Holistic Nursing (2012)
- Practicum Experiences: Students complete 144 hours of guided practicum experiences in a variety of settings including healthcare, higher education, and community organizations designed to meet individual career goals and program outcomes. A direct care component is included in this experience.
- Career Advancement: Graduates are prepared for Nurse Educator positions in hospitals, long term care, community and public health settings, academic institutions offering nursing education programs, and healthcare business settings.
- Certification-Ready: Graduates are equipped to take the National League for Nursing Nurse Educator (CNE) examination and may choose to take the Advanced Holistic Nurse Board certification exam (AHNCC).
- Prestigious Nursing Department: Eastern University’s nursing department has been recently named 1 of the 13 Top Holistic Nursing Programs in the U.S.
NLN Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam
School Nurse Certification & MSN Nurse Educator Program
Students who complete the 12 credit School Nurse Certification program can apply the credits toward the MSN Nurse Educator Program with an additional 25 credits required. The School Nurse credits will take the place of 12 credits of foundational courses in the MSN.*
*Students would progress through the remainder of the MSN as indicated by a typical plan of study.