This program is designed to prepare students to serve as K-12 Reading Specialists who support students and teachers through research-based approaches to assessment and instruction. The Specialist Certification programs are offered only at the graduate level and candidates must hold an Instructional I or II certification.
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids
- Delivery: Blended (combination of on-ground and online coursework)
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you.
- Convenient online or evening classes that meet once per week at our St. Davids campus
- Opportunity to put coursework towards the MEd in Reading
- Competitive tuition and financial aid options available
- Faculty with extensive experience in a variety of educational settings
- Individualized program of study created for each student based on previously completed coursework and current PDE requirements
- Hands-on experience through completion of Reading Specialist Practicum
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- Hold an Elementary or Secondary Education Certification
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful Completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful Completion of PRAXIS II test (5301)
- Practicum taken under the supervision of a university faculty member who is also a certified Reading Specialist.
Learn More: Why Eastern?