Our Master of Education (MEd) in Special Education is offered online, in Harrisburg, or on our main campus in St. Davids, Pennsylvania. The program will help you gain the knowledge and skills to provide excellent education to students with special needs. The MEd in Special Education prepares both teachers and those who want to serve in administrative positions for special needs students in Pre-K through 12th grade.
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids | Harrisburg | Online
- Delivery: Online*, on-ground and blended courses available.
(*All courses have online options except the student teaching seminar.)
- Length: 12-18 months
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates.
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
Online & Evening Philadelphia and Harrisburg MEd in Special Education
- Courses offered online, on-ground in the evenings, and throughout the summer sessions
- Individualized program of study created for each student waiving previously completed coursework and outlining current PDE requirements
- Coursework for certification in Special Education embedded within the curriculum
- Commitment to Autism Training: Include our Autism Endorsement in your coursework or continue into the Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership
PA Certification Requirements
- For Elementary Special Education (Pre K-8), you must hold Pre K-4, Elementary or Middle Level Certification
- For Secondary Special Education (7-12th), you must hold Secondary Education 7-12 Subject Certification
- Successful completion of PECT tests