Become a highly-qualified literacy professional while obtaining a certification as a K-12 reading specialist or supervisor. This degree equips students to meet a wide range of literacy needs in schools through effective tools for assessment and instruction.
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids
- Delivery: Blended (combination of on-ground and online coursework)
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a bachelor's or associate degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
- Courses offered online, on-ground in the evenings, and throughout the summer sessions
- Individualized program of study created for each student waiving previously completed coursework and outlining current PDE requirements
- Coursework for the Reading Specialist Certification included within the curriculum
- Commitment to Autism Training: Include our Autism Endorsement in your coursework or continue into the Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership
The focus of the program is to facilitate the development of literacy educators that are able to meet the literacy needs of all children by providing various informal and formal assessments and instruction across the curriculum for a wide range of literacy needs in classrooms and schools. This program is aligned to Eastern University’s mission as participants gain knowledge and expertise in reading and literary education and are prepared to be literacy leaders.
What makes the MEd in Reading Program at Eastern unique?
- You are an integral part of our ethnically and culturally diverse community
- You benefit from small class sizes, individualized instruction, and classes taught by Christian faculty who are also actively working in the field
- Your course options include weekday evenings and a combination of on-campus and online courses to accommodate your work schedule and lifestyle
- An MEd in Reading from Eastern University opens the door to a variety of career opportunities, including Reading Specialist, Reading Coach, District Literacy Specialist, Teacher Trainer, Private Clinician, Community College Professor and Literacy Specialist in publishing and industry