The successful completion of the Supervisory Certificates program will prepare students to provide supervision within a specified instructional or educational service area of the curriculum or school program. The Supervisory Certificate programs are offered only at the graduate level. Candidates must hold certification in the same area as the Supervisory Certificate they are seeking and have completed five years of satisfactory experience in the area of the Supervisory Certificate.
- Location: Online
- Delivery: Online
- Length: Average of 1 year (varies based on previous coursework and courseload per semester)
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned an undergraduate degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you.
- Supervisory certificates offered in Special Education, Early Childhood, Science, Social Studies, Math, Reading and Music
- Can be easily combined with the MEd in Educational Leadership or other MEd Programs
- Online coursework is convenient for working teachers.
- Competitive tuition and financial aid opportunities available.
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- 5 years of satisfactory professional experience as certified teachers in the supervisory certification areas
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful Completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful Completion of PRAXIS II test in supervision
- Practicum taken in a school district under the supervision of a district supervisor with certification in supervision of the area of certification and a college
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.