Eastern University's M.Ed. in Educational Leadership prepares leaders who serve in a variety of school settings. Students learn to become transformational leaders and change agents in their schools and districts through the application of relevant theory to real-world instructional decisions. Students graduate with competency in research-based instructional and leadership practices and the use of critical thinking and ethical problem solving in the role of educational leadership.
- Location: Online
- Delivery: 100% Online (with no required live online sessions except for the Student Teaching Seminar, which requires live online sessions.)
- Length: 18 months
- Start Dates: Every 7 Weeks - May 2023 Onward
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Plus, if you already have a degree from EU, check out our Alumni Discount!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
Distinctive 100% Online Master of Education
- MEd + Administrative or Supervisory Certification in 1: While earning your MEd, your coursework (including internship) will prepare you for Principal or Supervisory certification.
- Supervisory certification offered in Special Education, Early Childhood, Science, Social Studies, Math, Reading and Music
- Experts in the Field: Eastern’s curriculum is taught by experienced professionals who have practical experience as principals and educational leaders. Instructors make use of research to keep themselves and the students informed of current best practices.
- Practical: Online coursework is convenient for working teachers.
- Relevant: Students have the chance to immediately apply the knowledge and strategies to work in their schools and programs. The program focuses on evidence-based practices, research methods, and current issues including state and national standards affecting curriculum.
- Collaborative: Gain insights from your peers as you pursue a specialty track in principalship or supervision.
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- Supervisor: 5 years of satisfactory professional experience as a certified teacher in the supervisory certification area
- Principal: 3 Years of satisfactory professional experience
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful completion of the Educational Leadership PRAXIS II test
- Successful completion of 360 hours of internship under the supervision of a mentor certified in your desired certification area
The MEd in Educational leadership prepares current teachers for a wide variety of leadership roles at the school and district level. The successful completion of the Principal Certification track will prepare students to serve as a PK-12 Principal or Assistant Principal. The successful completion of the Supervisor Certification track will prepare students to provide supervision within a specified instructional or educational service area of the curriculum or school program (Special Education, Early Childhood, Science, Social Studies, Math, Reading and Music).
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.