Eastern’s new MEd in Curriculum & Instruction allows you to earn both your Master of Education and Teaching Certification in one program. The dynamic curriculum addresses current practices and compares those to leading national and international exemplars. While earning your MEd, take coursework (including student teaching) toward your teaching certification with a concentration in General, Early Childhood Education, Middle-Level Education and Secondary Education.
- Location: Online
- Delivery: 100% Online (with no required live online sessions except for the Student Teaching Seminar, which requires live online sessions.)
- Length: 12-18 months
- Start Dates: August, January, May, June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
Distinctive Master of Education in Philadelphia, Harrisburg & Online
- MEd + Teaching Certification in 1: While earning your MEd, your coursework (including student teaching) will prepare you for your teaching certification. Choose a concentration in Early Childhood Education, Middle-Level Education and Secondary Education.
- Experts in the Field: Eastern’s curriculum is taught by experienced professionals who have practical experience as teachers and principals. Instructors make use of PreK-12 research to keep themselves and the students informed of current best practices.
- Practical: Theory is blended with practical applications to the classroom. The program focuses on evidence-based practices, research methods, and current issues including state and national standards affecting curriculum.
- Relevant: Students have the chance to immediately apply the knowledge and strategies to work in their schools and programs.
- Collaborative: Gain insights from your peers as you pursue a specialty track in your desired grade band: PreK-4, Middle Level, or Secondary.
Districts often look to hire teachers with a Master’s level education to fill teaching vacancies in all instructional areas. In addition to lead teacher, graduates will be prepared to serve as department chairs and curriculum department heads in PK-12 schools.