Eastern University's MEd in Curriculum & Instruction prepares expert educators and teacher leaders who can serve in a variety of school settings. Students learn to use research to design curriculum and deliver instruction that addresses complex and diverse student learning environments. Students graduate with competencies in research-based curriculum design and instructional practices, and the tools to practice ethical decision making and problem solving for the benefit of all students.
- Location: Online
- Delivery: 100% Online (with no required live online sessions except for the Student Teaching Seminar, which requires live online sessions.)
- Length: 12-18 months
- Start Dates: Every 7 Weeks - May 2023 Onward
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Plus, if you already have a degree from EU, check out our Alumni Discount!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
Online Master of Education + Teaching Certification.
- MEd + Teaching Certification in 1: While earning your MEd, your coursework (including student teaching) will prepare you for your teaching certification. Choose one of the concentrations including, General, Middle-Level Language Arts, Middle-Level Math, Middle-Level Science, Middle-Level Social Studies, PK-4 Early Childhood Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education.
- Experts in the Field: Eastern’s curriculum is taught by experienced professionals who have practical experience as teachers and principals. Instructors make use of PK-12 research to keep themselves and the students informed of current best practices.
- Practical: Theory is blended with practical applications to the classroom. The program focuses on evidence-based practices, research methods, and current issues including state and national standards affecting curriculum.
- Relevant: Students have the chance to immediately apply the knowledge and strategies to work in their schools and programs.
- Collaborative: Gain insights from your peers as you pursue a specialty track in your desired grade band: PK-4, Middle Level, or Secondary.
Districts often look to hire teachers with a Master’s level education to fill teaching vacancies in all instructional areas. In addition to lead teacher, graduates will be prepared to serve as department chairs and curriculum department heads in PK-12 schools.