Eastern’s new MEd in Curriculum & Instruction addresses current practices and compares those to leading national and international exemplars. The program focuses on current issues including state and national standards affecting curriculum, such as the common core. Research methods and evidence-based practices are also a primary focus.
- Locations: Main Campus: St. Davids | Harrisburg | Online
- Delivery: Blended online and on-campus classes (*Available fully online except for student teaching seminar)
- Length: 12-18 months
- Start Dates: August, January, May, June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
Distinctive Master of Education in Philadelphia, Harrisburg & Online
- Experts in the Field: Eastern’s curriculum is taught by experienced professionals who have practical experience as teachers and principals. Instructors make use of PreK-12 research to keep themselves and the students informed of current best practices.
- Practical: Theory is blended with practical applications to the classroom.
- Flexible Schedule: Courses are offered in multiple formats throughout the year to accommodate busy working educators. This includes online, blended and on-ground options.
- Relevant: Students have the chance to immediately apply the knowledge and strategies to work in their schools and programs.
- Collaborative: Gain insights from your peers as you pursue a specialty track in your desired grade band: PreK-4, Middle Level, or Secondary.
Districts often look to hire teachers with a Master’s level education to fill teaching vacancies in all instructional areas. In addition to lead teacher, graduates will be prepared to serve as department chairs and curriculum department heads in PK-12 schools.