Eastern University's MEd in TESOL prepares educator experts who can serve in a variety of school settings. Students are trained to communicate effectively, think critically, embrace cultural and linguistic diversity, utilize technology appropriately, practice inclusive interventions, learn independently and collaboratively, and serve competently in educational settings. This program is designed for students who are interested in obtaining or who already hold the certification in English as a Second Language Program Specialist (PK-12). The MEd program is also available to those seeking TESOL expertise but not the certification.
- Location/Delivery: Online
- Length: 12-18 months
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Plus, if you already have a degree from EU, check out our Alumni Discount!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
Fully Online Master of Education in TESOL
- Courses offered 100% online
- Individualized program of study created for each student waiving previously completed coursework and outlining current PDE requirements
- ESL Program Specialist certification coursework embedded within the curriculum
- Commitment to Autism Training: Continue into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis with this program. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership
- Our graduate programs in education, including the MEd in TESOL, have deep roots in the greater Philadelphia area
- Ranked among the Best Online Master's in English Language Learning!
- Ranked among the top 5 Fastest Online Master's Programs in TESOL.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the comprehension of the complexity of cultural and linguistic diversity and its implications for student achievement.
- Apply curricula, methodologies, and evaluation strategies best suited for students of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
- Reflect critically on their own assumptions and practices as a basis for personal transformation and vision creation that will benefit the student community.
- Instruct English effectively to speakers of other languages.
- Demonstrate leadership skills that promote educational equity for a diverse population.
- The Online Master of Education in TESOL program integrates Eastern University’s mission of faith, justice, and reason to promote educational equity and social justice.
- The program can be completed in as little as 12-18 months (maximum seven years)
- The flexible program design accommodates students who manage busy schedules or who live in different time zones.
- The entire program, except TESOL field experience, is offered online to accommodate the needs of local, national, and international students. TESOL field experience can be complete on ground at the students’ locations with proper supervision.
- Students will have regular access to faculty with rich multicultural and international experiences through synchronous and asynchronous communication tools.
- A 4-week summer study is possible at Eastern University for international students.
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.