The MA in Clinical Counseling trains students to comprehend human personality organization and experience; implement strategies for positive change in individuals, families, churches and communities; and become academically prepared to seek credentialing as licensed professional counselors. Learn from experts in the field at our campus conveniently located in the Philadelphia suburb of St. Davids.
New! Accelerated Track or 100% Online Master's in Counseling
- Accelerated Track: Finish your MA in Clinical Counseling in 2 Years. Start this May.
- 100% Online Option: Complete your degree from the comfort of your home in 3 or 4 years. Start this January or August.
- New January Starts! For our General Track or ABA concentration, you can now start in either January or August. Choose on-campus or fully online.
- Location: Fully Online or Main Campus: St. Davids (Greater Philadelphia Area)
- Delivery: 100% Online or Blended (A combination of evening and asynchronous online classes)
- Concentrations: General Track, Trauma Studies or Applied Behavior Analysis Certification.
- Length: 2 year Accelerated Track, 3 years full-time, or 4 years part-time
- Start Term: January and August (May for the Accelerated Track)
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a bachelor's or associate degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal financial aid options that may be available to you
LPC-Ready, Online or Philadelphia Area Master's in Counseling
- Prepares students for licensure as professional counselors in Pennsylvania
- Curriculum meets the educational requirements for Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) in Pennsylvania
- Concentrations available in Trauma Studies or Applied Behavior Analysis Certification
- Variety of elective choices available, including Substance Abuse Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Grief and Loss, and Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis
- Diverse faculty and student body form close community for rich learning experiences
- Faculty are practitioner-scholars who bring real experience from the field into the classroom
- Evening, on-campus, and hybrid / online courses offered, so students practice face-to-face skills needed for clinical encounters with clients
The MA in Clinical Counseling is accredited by the Master’s in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC) for the period of August 2014 through August 2024.
- Inclusion on a professional level: MPCAC values the unique history of the counseling field which intersects with both counseling psychology and psychology. Along with most experienced clinicians serving clients, MPCAC recognizes the benefit to the public in continuing to overlap these disciplines in counselor training. Students with backgrounds in psychology are welcome to apply and build upon their existing knowledge in preparation for becoming professional counselors.
- Inclusion on a personal level: MPCAC is deeply committed to promoting culturally responsive services that promote the public good. Their strong emphasis on diversity and social justice aligns with Eastern’s foundational commitments to justice, reconciliation, and transformation.