Eastern is committed to helping our military service members, veterans, and their families afford their education. To this end, we offer the following grants and scholarships.
For Traditional (On-Campus) Undergraduate Students
The Hero Grant provides $3,000 per year for full-time students who are active-duty, guard and reserve members, or veterans.*
The Hero Legacy Grant provides $2,000 per year for spouses and dependents of veterans and military service-members.*
The Hero Housing & Board Scholarship covers basic housing and board fees for resident veteran-connected full-time undergraduate students who are 100% eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill and are using their benefits. This award is also extended to students participating in and receiving scholarships from Eastern's cross-town ROTC partners at Valley Forge Military Academy and College or St. Joseph's University.**
For Online Undergraduate Students
- Most of our online undergraduate programs are already heavily discounted so that full-time students pay only $2,500-$7,500 per year! Visit our online undergraduate LifeFlex™ page to learn more.
- Hero Grant: Veterans who enroll in our online BA in Youth Ministry Leadership program can receive a 25% tuition discount via the Hero Grant. Spouses can receive a 15% tuition discount via the Hero Spouse Grant.
For Graduate Students
The Hero Grant* provides discounts for veterans and retirees of the US military, including:
- A 25% tuition discount on many graduate programs and certifications. (Note: LifeFlex programs are not eligible since these programs are already heavily discounted.)
- For Summer 2023 terms only: A 10% discount to students enrolling in our MBA in Organizational Management and MS in Data Science programs. (Note: This discount will no longer be eligible starting Fall 2023.)
- A 10% discount on doctoral programs.
The Hero Spouse Grant provides discounts to spouses of military service members and veterans, including:
- A 15% discount on many graduate programs and certifications. (Note: LifeFlex programs are not eligible since these programs are already heavily discounted.)
- For Summer 2023 terms only: A 10% discount to students enrolling in our MBA in Organizational Management and MS in Data Science programs. (Note: This discount will no longer be eligible starting Fall 2023.).
* The Hero Grant may not apply to tuition covered by the benefits administered by the Department of Veteran Affairs or the Department of Defense such as the GI Bill or Federal Tuition Assistance (TA), particularly for students who are fully funded through these benefits.
** Amounts awarded for the Hero Housing Scholarship will be determined after Pell Grants and other housing-related aid has been awarded. Acceptance of this award may alter your overall financial aid package. To learn more, speak with our veteran student team and the financial aid office.