Please carefully read the following admissions requirements to ensure you are eligible for the program.
- GPA 2.8 (3.0 preferred) with particular importance placed on the last two years of the undergraduate record. An applicant with a lower GPA is strongly advised to submit GRE or MAT scores to strengthen the application.
- Completion of two prerequisite undergraduate Behavioral Science courses (6 credits within the last 10 years - Grade C or above). CLEP exams will be accepted for Introduction to Psychology, Human Growth and Development, and/or Introduction to Sociology.
Apply to the Counseling Psychology Department Programs:
Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions
1300 Eagle Road
St. Davids, PA 19087
- Application: Completed and signed at admissions.eastern.edu
- Two Recommendations: One professional recommendation and one academic. The professional reference must be from a present or past workplace supervisor; the academic reference must be from a college professor. Those who are recommending you must use our forms: Download the Counseling Psychology Department's Recommendation forms here. **If you have been out of school for more than four years, you may submit two professional recommendations.
- Official Transcript(s) from the degree conferring undergraduate (and graduate if applicable) institution you've attended. Additional official transcripts(s) will be needed reflecting the necessary pre-requisites if completed at an institution other than where your undergraduate degree was completed. Submit the Request for Official College Transcript and the Admissions Office will request your transcript(s) on your behalf.
- Current Resume
- GRE Scores: It is strongly recommended that applicant's who do not meet their program's respective GPA requirement submit GRE scores as a supplement to their application.
After your application is completed and you have met admission requirements, selected candidates will be invited in for the following:
- A personal interview with a faculty member
- A Writing Task, to be completed on-site after the personal interview.
- A review of your program of study.
After receiving your letter of acceptance you will need to:
- Submit a New Student Enrollment Form for registration
- Submit a $150 tuition deposit.
* Please note, at least 4.5 credits must be taken per semester to qualify for financial aid.
Early Application Deadline: January 2018
Final Application Deadline: June 2018