The successful completion of the ESL Program Specialist Certification will prepare students to develop classroom enterprises best suited for academic and individual needs of ESL/ELL students. Graduates will be eligible to teach English as a Second Language in the elementary and secondary level (K-12) in public schools. Candidates must hold or concurrently work on an Instructional I or II teaching certificate. This program may be easily combined with the MEd in TESOL or MEd in Multicultural Education.
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids | Online
- Delivery: Online or combination of on-ground/online
- Length: Average of 1 year (varies based on previous coursework and courseload per semester)
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you.
- Coursework offered fully online or in the evenings at our St. Davids or Falls Center campuses, making it convenient for working teachers across the state of Pennsylvania.
- Integrates Eastern University’s mission of faith, reason, and justice to promote educational equity and social justice.
- Classes are offered throughout the entire year, allowing students to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- Must hold an Instructional I or II to obtain an ESL certification.
- An existing GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of course requirements in the certification area