As one of the few programs of its kind in the state, Eastern University’s Health and Physical Education graduate certification program is equipped to guide adult learners, leading to the opportunity to become Pennsylvania certified teachers from grades K-12. This program can be combined with our various Master of Education programs for those seeking to advance their careers in the field of education.
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids
- Delivery: Blended (combination of on-ground and online)
- Length: Typically less than 2 years (varies based on previous coursework and courseload per semester)
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you.
- Numerous courses delivered in a blended or online format
- Certified local educational professionals and Eastern University instructors for all classes
- Credits earned toward the completion of Certification program can be applied towards our various Master of Education programs.
- Numerous alumni of the Health & Physical Education Certification Program are now teaching in the following: Philadelphia School District, Bensalem School District, Burlington County (NJ), Episcopal Academy, Haverford School, Pittsburgh Area Schools
- Eastern University is committed to meeting the standards and competencies of the Pennsylvania Department of Education in all our certification programs
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful Completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful Completion of PRAXIS II (HPE- 5511 and 5857) tests
- Student Teaching in their certification area