Eastern University's Health and Physical Education Certification program prepares excellent teachers and educational practitioners who can serve in a variety of school settings. Students are trained to communicate effectively, think critically, embrace cultural and linguistic diversity, implement wellness curriculum, practice inclusive interventions, learn independently and collaboratively, and serve competently in their chosen field. This program is designed for students who are interested in obtaining the Certification in Health and Physical Education (PK-12).
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids
- Delivery: Blended (combination of on-campus and online)
- Length: Typically less than 2 years (varies based on previous coursework and courseload per semester)
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Plus, if you already have a degree from EU, check out our Alumni Discount!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you.
- Numerous courses delivered in a blended or online format
- Certified local educational professionals and Eastern University instructors for all classes
- Credits earned toward the completion of Certification program can be applied towards our various Master of Education programs.
- Numerous alumni of the Health & Physical Education Certification Program are now teaching in the following: Philadelphia School District, Bensalem School District, Burlington County (NJ), Episcopal Academy, Haverford School, Pittsburgh Area Schools
- Eastern University is committed to meeting the standards and competencies of the Pennsylvania Department of Education in all our certification programs
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful Completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful Completion of PRAXIS II (HPE- 5511 and 5857) tests
- Student Teaching in their certification area
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.