Eastern University's Music Education Certification program prepares excellent teachers and educational practitioners who can serve in a variety of school settings. Students are trained to communicate effectively, think critically, embrace cultural and linguistic diversity, utilize technology appropriately, practice inclusive interventions, learn independently and collaboratively, and serve competently in their chosen field. This program is designed for students who are interested in obtaining the Certification in Music Education (PK-12).
- Location: Online
- The Education (EDUC) classes required for certification are 100% Online, with no required live online sessions except for the Student Teaching Seminar, which requires live online sessions.
- However, please note that all music (MUSI) courses and/or lessons are in-person on the St. Davids Campus and are offered in the evening, after normal school hours.
- Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 12-24 months.
- Start Dates: Every 7 Weeks - May 2023 Onward
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Plus, if you already have a degree from EU, check out our Alumni Discount!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
Meets PDE Requirements. Finish in 12-24 Months. 4 Starts Per Year.
- An individualized program of study is created for each student based on previously completed coursework and current PDE requirements
- Competitive tuition and financial aid options available
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful Completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful Completion of PRAXIS II tests
- Student Teaching in their certification area
- Candidates must have an undergraduate major or the equivalent in the area of certification
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.