The successful completion of this program will prepare Certified School Nurses to supervise school health services in the elementary and secondary levels (PK-12). Candidates must hold a School Nurse Certification and have completed five years of satisfactory experience in the school setting. View the School of Nursing Vision, Mission & Beliefs Webpage.
- Location/Delivery: Online
- Length: 18 credits; typically completed in 12-18 months.
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned an undergraduate degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal financial aid options that may be available to you.
- Coursework offered fully online
- Excellent faculty with practical experience
- Can be combined with the MEd in School Health Services
- Coursework can be applied towards permanent School Nurse Certification
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- 5 years of satisfactory professional experience as certified School Nurse
- An existing GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful completion of PRAXIS II test in supervision
- Practicum taken in a school district under the supervision of a district supervisor with certification in supervision of the area of certification and a college representative
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local requirements may exist for field placements or practica in this state. Out-of-state student placements/practica cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Health and Sciences. Students are responsible for following all state and local requirements and regulations for their field placement/practica coursework.