Based in Philadelphia, Eastern University's fully online Master of Education (MEd) in TESOL program prepares you to work effectively with people from all cultural backgrounds and provide instruction to English learners in the United States and around the world. The master's program in TESOL equips students to apply curricula, methodologies, and evaluation strategies best suited for students from diverse backgrounds.
- Location/Delivery: Online
- Length: 12-18 months
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a bachelor's or associate degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
Fully Online Master of Education in TESOL
- Courses offered 100% online
- Individualized program of study created for each student waiving previously completed coursework and outlining current PDE requirements
- ESL Program Specialist certification coursework embedded within the curriculum
- Commitment to Autism Training: Include our Autism Endorsement in your coursework or continue into the Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership
- Our graduate programs in education, including the MEd in TESOL, have deep roots in the greater Philadelphia area
- Ranked among the Best Online Master's in English Language Learning!
- Ranked among the top 5 Fastest Online Master's Programs in TESOL.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the comprehension of the complexity of cultural and linguistic diversity and its implications for student achievement.
- Apply curricula, methodologies, and evaluation strategies best suited for students of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
- Reflect critically on their own assumptions and practices as a basis for personal transformation and vision creation that will benefit the student community.
- Instruct English effectively to speakers of other languages.
- Demonstrate leadership skills that promote educational equity for a diverse population.
- The Online Master of Education in TESOL program integrates Eastern University’s mission of faith, justice, and reason to promote educational equity and social justice.
- The completion time of the program ranges between one to maximum seven years.
- The flexible program design accommodates students who manage busy schedules or who live in different time zones.
- The entire program, except TESOL field experience, is offered online to accommodate the needs of local, national, and international students. TESOL field experience can be complete on ground at the students’ locations with proper supervision.
- Students will have regular access to faculty with rich multicultural and international experiences through synchronous and asynchronous communication tools.
- A 4-week summer study is possible at Eastern University for international students.