Certification in School Nurse (K-12) (Online)
This fully-online, professional education program meets the requirements for the Education Specialist 1 (K-12) Certification in School Nurse in Pennsylvania.
The Certified School Nurse certification program is committed to preparing professionals to function effectively in settings in which children and youth are served. The mission of the program is to produce outstanding health professionals who are committed to meeting the needs of a diverse population and to their holistic development.
- Location/Delivery: Online
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: Learn more about our affordable tuition here.
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal financial aid options that may be available to you.
- The program consists of 4 core courses geared specifically toward the activities and responsibilities of a school nurse
- Excellent instructors who are all certified school nurses
- Students can complete their certification in a year or less while continuing to work full-time
- This 12-credit certificate can also be applied toward the MEd in School Health Services, with an additional 18 credits required
*Applicants must hold a current PA licensure as a registered nurse and a bachelor's degree.
Featured Student Testimonial
Jennifer Leachko, BSN, RN
“Eastern’s online programs are easy to use, and I get quick responses from all staff—almost as easy as walking into a professor’s office to get answers. Even as an online student, I still feel like a member of the EU community. Tuition is also very reasonable and fits into my educational budget without having to worry.” - Jennifer Leachko, BSN, RN, Certification in School Nurse Student
PA Certification Requirements
- An existing GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of course requirements in this certification area
- Bachelor's degree
- PA RN License