MEd in TESOL- Online
Prepare to work effectively with people from all cultural backgrounds and provide instruction to English learners in the United States and around the world. This online program equips students to apply curricula, methodologies, and evaluation strategies best suited for students from diverse backgrounds.
- Location/Delivery: Online
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: Learn more about our affordable tuition here
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
- Courses offered entirely online
- Individualized program of study created for each student waiving previously completed coursework and outlining current PDE requirements
- ESL Program Specialist certification coursework embedded within the curriculum
- Commitment to Autism Training: Include our Autism Endorsement in your coursework or continue into the Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the comprehension of the complexity of cultural and linguistic diversity and its implications for student achievement.
- Apply curricula, methodologies, and evaluation strategies best suited for students of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
- Reflect critically on their own assumptions and practices as a basis for personal transformation and vision creation that will benefit the student community.
- Instruct English effectively to speakers of other languages.
- Demonstrate leadership skills that promote educational equity for a diverse population.
- The Online Master of Education in TESOL program integrates Eastern University’s mission of faith, justice, and reason to promote educational equity and social justice.
- The completion time of the program ranges between one to maximum seven years.
- The flexible program design accommodates students who manage busy schedules or who live in different time zones.
- The entire program, except TESOL field experience, is offered online to accommodate the needs of local, national, and international students. TESOL field experience can be complete on ground at the students’ locations with proper supervision.
- Students will have regular access to faculty with rich multicultural and international experiences through synchronous and asynchronous communication tools.
- A 4-week summer study is possible at Eastern University for international students.
Featured Alumni Testimonial
Amy Ballard, MEd '16
"Small class sizes, whether online or in person, made it possible for me to connect with other students and with professors; I had consistent support from the faculty and my colleagues. My professors were also very knowledgeable; they taught from their own experiences in the classroom, their research, and their faith. Eastern had the most affordable and accessible program for me, and I was glad to have a program that allowed me to both work in the field part time and attend school full time."