Joined Eastern: 2011
- Doctor of Education, Nova Southeastern University
- MEd in Multicultural Education, Eastern University
- MA in Religion, Trinity International University
- MS in Computer Science, Southern Illinois University
- BA in Computer Science, Southern Illinois University
- Behavioral Intervention in Autism Certificate for Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Preparation, University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Pennsylvania Licensed Behavior Specialist
- Special Education N-12
- Elementary Education K-6
- Reading Specialist K-12
- English as a Second Language Program Specialist K-12
- Applied behavior analysis
- Autism, ADHD, learning disabilities, and other developmental disabilities
- Special education
- Assessments and interventions
- Psychoeducational assessments and interventions
- Clinical and school populations: ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities
- Chung, W., & Chung, S. (2022). “Women don’t like nice guys” – Dating, attraction, and Christian values: Teaching our young people how to fall in love. In M. G. Maness, & K. Mattis (Eds.), Can you hear my pain now? Making pastoral theology relevant in the modern world (pp. 203-214). Wipf and Stock.
- Chung, W., Chung, S., Edgar-Smith, S., Palmer, R. B., DeLambo, D., & Huang, W. (2015). An examination of in-service teacher attitudes toward students with autism spectrum disorder: Implications for professional practice. Current Issues in Education, 18(2), 1-9. http://cie.asu.edu/ojs/index.php/cieatasu/article/view/1386
- Chung, S. (2012). Research-based vocabulary instruction for English language learners. Reading Matrix, 12(2), 105-120. https://www.readingmatrix.com/articles/september_2012/chung.pdf
- Chung, S., & Chung, W. (2011). A life of celebration. Ambassadors, 54 (6), 39-43.
- Chung, S. (2008). Behind every face is a story: Centering students’ voices. In J. Landis & P. Daley (Eds.), Teaching for change: Voices of empowerment and transformation (pp. 119-143). Pen & Publish.
Chung, S., & Chung, W. (2008). Encountering God’s presence in dry seasons of prayer. Proclaim, 21, 54-56.
Selected Conference Presentations
- Chung, S. (2021, March). Increasing task compliance through assignment choice [Conference presentation]. The Council for Exceptional Children Convention and Expo, Baltimore, MD.
- Chung, S. (2018, October). A scientific understanding of ADHD: Characteristics and Effects. 2018 Mid-Atlantic Christian Schools Association Teachers' Convention, Lancaster, PA.
- Chung, S. (2018, October). A scientific understanding of ADHD: Practical Implications. 2018 Mid-Atlantic Christian Schools Association Teachers' Convention, Lancaster, PA.
- Chung, W., & Chung, S. (2018, August). Using four-term-contingency intervention to reduce SIB and medication of an adult with ASD. 2018 National Autism Conference, State College, PA.
- Chung, W., & Chung, S. (2015, March). Antecedent intervention for optimizing sleeping behavior and medication of adult with developmental disabilities. 2015 Eastern Psychological Association Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Chung, W., Dahl, T., & Chung, S. (2013, July). Optimizing the use of psychotropic medications via comprehensive behavior intervention among individuals with autism spectrum disorder. 2013 National Autism Conference, State College, PA.
- Chung, W., Chung, S., & Delambo, D. (2012, Oct). Effectiveness of a comprehensive behavioral intervention program in reducing maladaptive behaviors and optimizing the psychotropic medication of an adult female with autism. 2012 Autism New Jersey Annual Autism Conference, New Jersey.
- Chung, S. (2012, July). Developing and testing a measure of K-5 teacher dyslexia knowledge: A mixed methods study. 2012 Conference on Global Leadership, Learning, and Research, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- McGinley, M., Chung, S., & Chung, W. (2012, Jan). Secondary to postsecondary transition of a student with high-functioning ASD. 2012 ABAI Autism Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Chung, W., Edgar-Smith, S., Palmer, R., Delambo, D., Chung, S., & Huang, W. (2011, Jan). Teacher perception of students with autism. 2011 ABAI Autism Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Landis, J., Chung, S., & McCartha, C, & Laws, L. (2009, Feb). Teaching for change: Voices of empowerment and transformation. 30th Annual Ethnography in Education Research Forum, Philadelphia, PA.
- Landis, J., McCartha, C, Chung, S., & Self, P. (2007, July). When literacy and justice embrace: Creating space for discourses of empowerment and transformation in the academy. WLU Literacies for All Summer Institute, NCTE, Louisville, KY, United States.