100% Online. Flexibly Paced. Only $2,500-$7,500 Per Year.
Eastern University's undergraduate BS in Early Childhood Studies prepares excellent teachers and educational practitioners who can serve in a variety of early learning settings. Students are trained to communicate effectively, think critically, embrace cultural and linguistic diversity, utilize technology appropriately, practice inclusive interventions, learn independently and collaboratively, and serve competently in their chosen field.
- Delivery: 100% online at your own pace within 7 week terms
- Length: Approximately 2.5 - 4 years depending on if you have an Associate degree or previous credits. 45 credits are required in the major.
- Cost: Only $2,500-$7,500 out of pocket per year! Learn more below.
- Start Terms: Every 7 weeks. Apply Online today!
Discover Affordable Excellence
- Cost: Only $2,500-$7,500 out of pocket per year!
- Grants from Eastern and public sources make this possible. Learn more about our astonishingly affordable price.
Students already teaching in early childhood education programs may be eligible for the T.E.A.C.H. Pennsylvania Scholarship Program, which:
- covers most of the cost for tuition and books
- provides a travel stipend each semester
- secures paid release time for the student to attend class, study, or handle personal needs
- secures a stipend or a raise for the student at the end of the scholarship year
- assigns a counselor to assist students in scholarship management and career development
Flexible Online Bachelor's Degree. Nationally Ranked University.
- Designed for the Working Adult: Flexible online classes allow students to work throughout the program.
- Expert Professors: Eastern’s curriculum is taught by experienced professionals who are current in Early Childhood Education’s latest developments.
- Opportunities for Growth: Students can seamlessly transition in one of our seven MEd programs or add on one of our many specialist certifications or professional programs.
- Relevant, Applicable Training: Eastern's College of Education and Behavioral Sciences stays on the cutting-edge of research and best practices in the field and our curriculum incorporates teaching strategies that support and encourage adult learning.
Which Program is Right for Me?
|BS in Early Childhood Studies (this program)||BS in Early Childhood Education|
|Admission GPA Requirement: 2.5 or above||Admission GPA Requirement: 3.0 or above|
|No PDE Basic Skills requirements needed for admission||PDE Basic Skills requirements needed for admission|
|Student teaching not required||Student teaching required|
|Graduates can work toward their certification after graduation||Our Student Teaching Coordinator assists you in obtaining a PK-4 placement|
- Growth in PA career pathway
- Child Care Industry
- Certified Teacher in PK-4th grade*
- Continuing Education options
*FAST FACT: The job outlook is currently greater than average for preschool teachers! (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)