The BS in Early Childhood Education (Adult Accelerated) is designed to help working adults become certified to teach in Pre-K through 4th grade classrooms.
Eastern University’s BS in Early Childhood Education was named an Adult Undergrad Top Degree!
- Locations: Falls Center: Philadelphia | Esperanza College | Manor College | Harrisburg
- Delivery: On-campus evening classes with additional time online
- Length: Approximately 2.5 years or less (66 credits required in the major)
- Enrolling New Students: Every 7 weeks. Apply online for free!
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned your AA from EU, plus earn 20% off your master's!
- Financial Aid: Many of our adult undergraduate students qualify for significant federal and state financial aid, partner grants, and military benefits. Students already teaching in early childhood education programs may be eligible for the T.E.A.C.H. Pennsylvania Scholarship Program or the Rising STARS Tuition Assistance Program. Learn more below! Submit your FAFSA to determine your eligibility for all financial aid.
T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship and Rising Stars Tuition Assistance
Students already teaching in early childhood education programs may be eligible for:
- T.E.A.C.H. Pennsylvania Scholarship Program: covers most of the cost for tuition and books; provides a travel stipend each semester; secures paid release time for the student to attend class, study, or handle personal needs; secures a stipend or a raise for the student at the end of the scholarship year; and, assigns a counselor to assist students in scholarship management and career development.
- Rising STARS Tuition Assistance Program: pays 95% of tuition costs for eligible college coursework taken by early learning professionals (maximum benefit of $6,000 each fiscal year).
Online & Evening Early Childhood Education Degree
- Designed for the Working Adult: Evening classes allow students to work throughout the program, while developing strong relationships with faculty and peers.
- Opportunities for Growth: Students can seamlessly transition in one of our 5 MEd programs or add on one of our many specialist certifications or professional programs.
- Relevant, Applicable Training: The College of Education stays on the cutting-edge of research and best practices in the field and our curriculum incorporates teaching strategies that support and encourage adult learning.
- Emphasis on Autism Training: Include our Autism Endorsement in your coursework or continue into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership.