The program is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a certification in PK-4 with Elementary Special Education (PK-12) issued until December 30, 2021 or with the NEW PK-12 Special Education Certification issued after January 2, 2022.
The program is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a certification in PK-4 with Elementary Special Education (PK-12). Students need not have a background in education to apply, making this program perfect for career changers and those with a variety of educational backgrounds. Upon completion, students can easily transition into one of our Master of Education programs.
- Location: Online
- Delivery: 100% Online (with no required live online sessions except for the Student Teaching Seminar, which requires live online sessions.)
- Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 12-24 months.
- Start Dates: Every 7 Weeks
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Plus, if you already have a degree from EU, check out our Alumni Discount!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you. Students can also utilize the Rising Stars Tuition Assistance program, which pays 95% of tuition costs for eligible college coursework taken by early learning professionals (maximum benefit of $6,000 each fiscal year).
- Courses offered online and throughout the summer sessions
- Students may student teach at the program where they are employed, as long as the program where they work meets basic criteria
- Faculty with experience in teaching, research, and program evaluation in Early Childhood settings
- The ability to combine coursework to obtain both the PK through 4th Certification, Elementary Special Education (PK-12), and PA Director Credential
- Commitment to Autism Training: Continue into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis with this program. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership
- Certification in PK-4 PECT Test (3 modules #8006, #8007 and #8008)
Certification in PK-4 test and SPED PK-12 (#8006, #8007, #8008 and #5355, Fundamental Content test (#5511) not required if taking the above 3 modules for PK-4 certification)
- Certification in PK-4 test and SPED PK-12 (#8006, #8007, #8008 and #5354, Fundamental Content test not required if taking the above 3 modules for PK-4 certification)